PDA

View Full Version : 200x mistery solved!!

oscarmayer
01-18-2011, 03:45 AM
OK so we I had put my performance 200x engine together. I used a Wiseco 12:1 piston and head/cam work.

The issue was it would start and after it got warm it would not start. if we pull started it once warmed up. It ran like poo!
Well yesterday out of the blue just for shits and grins, I walk over and kick the starter. well Bang she fired right off 1st kick. first time it ever did that! I was like WTF? me and my buddy looked surprised. so i turned it off and did it again. now we were like well i guess it missed being ridden. so I let it start to warm up and notice exhaust gas coming out around the motor as it warmed up. then if I tapped the throttle, it popped (with a firecracker bang) exhaust gas out from between the head and cylinder. AH HA! I yelled. literally I did! I realized my whole issue was the HG.

once I saw that it all made sense to me. Once the bike got warmed up it would not run or start. if you pull started it, it ran like poo. that's because as the metal warmed and swelled it pulled away form the blow gasket section and caused it to have low compression.

so I'm ordering a moose racing gasket set as I talked to a friend about it and he said they were the best for anything higher than 11:1 comp on a ATV. I would run a metal gasket but I don't know who makes them. I know cometic used to, but they stopped. anyone know who else makes them?

So keep this in mind next time you have a simular issue. chances are it coudl be the GH blown. and you may not know it.

shortline10
01-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Bapp used to make the copper ones . maybe do a wanted ad to see if someone has one lying around .

oscarmayer
01-18-2011, 08:20 AM
good idea!