PDA

View Full Version : dc plastics

250tecates
01-17-2011, 06:08 PM
does anybody have pictures of the tank/schroude skin for 86 t3 thanks

nstyle73
01-17-2011, 08:42 PM
There are a couple in my build thread. A member just contacted me the other day and said he couldn't find them listed on the site, so he called them and they said they had been discontinued due to quality issues (which I agree with) but that they should be offering repo shrouds sometime soon. I'll try and get some pictures tonight, any area in particular?

sportvette
01-17-2011, 08:53 PM
i was told by tom that they recently discontinued them also. i got one last order through before the end... needed some of the odd colors (non-green) for the maier plastics i recently acquired... and just plain shrouds wouldnt be a perfect answer for me, unless i painted the tank, at least the dcplastics cover the tank up if you run a different color.

here is sblt500r's build thread. he has some good shots of them.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?103939-sblt500r-s-86-Tecate-Build/page2

nstyle73
01-18-2011, 04:02 PM
SBLT500R's look pretty good. He is right that the triple clamps hit the right shroud and they need trimmed for the radiator cap. I didn't like that the plastic is wavy or that where they meet on the tank, they are not a butt joint, but lap and are cut at odd angles. But maybe I'm being picky. I drilled the extra holes in front of the gas cap to help pull the sides together, but I ran out of zip ties and need to get some black ones.

sblt500r
01-18-2011, 07:25 PM
yea it took me awhile to get them to look right and fit good. there overlapped with 2 wire ties holding the back together. i also heated them up a bit on the bike and pulled them out and held them till they cooled off, so they would clear the forks, so they stick out kinda far, but clear. the top tripple also hits them a bit at full lock, i ground down the tripple to clear them from hitting the top plastic. i also had to cut the top out on both sides, more on one to clear the rad cap, so you can open it. i think they look good, i'd buy another set if i needed one, which it seems you won't be able to!

Rollingmenace
01-18-2011, 09:17 PM
well i talked to tom at dc last week like nstyle said and they did discontinue the tank cover and shroud... it was due to quality issues like everyone has stated.... but they apparently have the mold still and after a few exchanges with tom he agreed to make me a set... but as long as i knew they could have a few issues with fitment or possibly small scratches ect.. i was fine with that as there going on a bike thats a rider.... he did tell me that the radiator shrouds should be ready here in a month or so... im sure if someone really wanted a set they could still get a set of these just have to comunicate with tom... Mine should arrive tomorrow....CANT WAIT

Rollingmenace
01-19-2011, 08:53 PM
got mine in today overall a decent piece i can see where ill have some fitment issues like you all have but im happy with what i got...
http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss170/rollingmenace/bike%20pics/Going%20Green/GEDC0372.jpg
http://i572.photobucket.com/albums/ss170/rollingmenace/bike%20pics/Going%20Green/GEDC0371.jpg

lazybiker79
01-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I just bought a green set myself. They came in 2 weeks ago, When I mount them I'll post some pics

lazybiker79
02-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Here is some pics of my Tecate with them on it