PDA

View Full Version : carberator float problems.

szanis
01-15-2011, 11:23 PM
yes hi i have a question on my tri zinger YT 60L. it was in storage for 10 years, i had it up and running took the carberator apart and cleaned it all up and was running real good for a few hours, but then all of a sudden i saw it was leaking from the float chamber. when it's altogether you can see it leak down by the drain screw nipple type thing, by the drain screw.. i have posted 2 pictures on my website-

http://westendwings.com/Spiros%20Pictures/2011-01-15_17-32-50_260.jpg

http://westendwings.com/Spiros%20Pictures/2011-01-15_17-33-24_21.jpg

any sudjection would very well help me alot, any ideas on how i can get this taken care of thank you very much.

beets442
01-16-2011, 12:27 AM
So is it leaking between the bowl and the brass nipple(as in the nipple loose)? or thru the middle of the nipple, like over flow?Thru the center means your float needs to be adjusted.

shortline10
01-16-2011, 08:52 AM
Sounds like a piece of trash in the float valve and not closing properly . Also check the float to make sure the stops are still intack and not missing .

szanis
01-17-2011, 11:38 PM
So is it leaking between the bowl and the brass nipple(as in the nipple loose)? or thru the middle of the nipple, like over flow?Thru the center means your float needs to be adjusted.

it's leaking through the nipple from an over flow, i turned the air screw 2 turns out and it seams that it got better a little bit and put a fuel tubeing on it, but it still seems to be leaking every so often so i bealive the float still has to be adjusted but i really dont get on how to do it that easy. any sudjections would help alot. i have a manuel for it but it's not really helping to much. it sudgested to turn the carberator upside down and 60 to 70 degree angle and to measure from the carb to the top of the flow if i recall 1mm , but this doesnt make an y sence to me if someone could please help explain this to me id really apricate it and also when i run it, it seems to be working perfectly fine with good power and runs great, just like to get to the bottom of this thank you very much.

szanis
01-17-2011, 11:41 PM
the stops are still intacked and are where they should be, i cleaned the carb several times and taken it apart quite a bit and everything seems to be right. please read my reply to beets442. i have total have rebuilt this bike and its driveing me crazy over something so simple and how do you adjust the float??? THANK YOU.

beets442
01-18-2011, 02:22 AM
If the bowl set has a tab in the middle, the tab needs to be bent up, thus closing the valve sooner. Make sure the float valve is free of grooves at the tip.

Tomaha
01-18-2011, 03:29 PM
Hey bud mine is doing kind of the same thing accept mine leaks from that hole up on the flange. Everyone told me the float needs adjusting, the manual for my carb said should be 21-22mm between the bottom of the float and carb body I haven't redid mine yet.

oscarmayer
01-18-2011, 03:39 PM
is it leaking from aorund that screw on the bottom? if it is that's a different issue than a float adjustment.

MonroeMike
01-18-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey bud mine is doing kind of the same thing accept mine leaks from that hole up on the flange. Everyone told me the float needs adjusting, the manual for my carb said should be 21-22mm between the bottom of the float and carb body I haven't redid mine yet.

His is different (16.5 +/- 1mm).