PDA

View Full Version : 83 250r top end

bcredneck
01-15-2011, 04:19 AM
my freind blew his top end or his 250r he dosent whant to rebore he whants eather a big bore kit or a high comp pistion im haveing no luck finding a big bore kit on the internet what kits are good and where can i find one any help would be appeashiated

SUPERBEAST
01-15-2011, 04:27 AM
is this what you're looking for? http://www.kustom-kraft.com/hondakits.html

bcredneck
01-15-2011, 04:33 AM
we need somthing we can buy and bolt on shipping the jug to the states waiting few weeks and shipping it back is a huge pain in the @$$ i thought they made bolt on kits for air cooled 250Rs but i cant find any

SUPERBEAST
01-15-2011, 04:37 AM
i think wiseco makes big bore kits for the 83 models

bcredneck
01-15-2011, 04:44 AM
ya i saw them they dont come with the jug

D-dub
01-15-2011, 09:19 AM
there is nothing bolt on for the aircoolers, unless you find a vintage hondaline 300 or send the cylinder to kustom kraft. The Mugen 360 is another option but requires case, trans, and crank mods

Yamaha_Rules69
01-15-2011, 01:47 PM
The mugen 360 kit is VERY rare to find. I see the hondaline 300 kits pop up on ebay once in a while, but I believe there are only 2 piston sizes available for it, then you need to mod the cylinder with machining, to fit a liquid cooled piston. I think you can bore the stocker out to the max, and it would become a 285cc, but the only place to find that big of a piston is through wossner I believe. I dont remember what size the stocker can be bored to, but wieseco only makes a piston up to 72mm - stock is 70, so you CAN go bigger than that with the wossner piston, and I beileve it is intended to fit a liquid motor. Check over at airfoolers dot com and you will find all the info you need for big bores, etc. Good luck!

bcredneck
01-15-2011, 02:56 PM
ya i thought finding that would be a pain in the @$$ ill talk to his and see what he whants to do. do they have a high comp pistion for 250Rs and do they add power that might be a option i know if hes going to rebuild he deffinatly whants more power than stock

MTS
01-15-2011, 02:59 PM
You would be better, Cheaper, and quicker Just getting a good port job and setting up the head Properly, There's no "high compression" pistons for an old R...Wiseco's might add a hair more over a stocker,,The gain you feel in the seat of your pants would be from a fresh motor on that note, not the "high compression". You can bump the compression up working the head over.There is a few shops here that do Good work..if your interested Drop me a line.

bcredneck
01-15-2011, 03:28 PM
ill have to talk to him and see what he wants to do