PDA

View Full Version : Snow riding tips for me! Since I need um.

Nightmare
01-14-2011, 10:43 PM
I have had some many three wheelers in my day, it might offend some people, although this is my first sport machine. I seem to be running into issue during snow riding. When I was riding through all of the fluffy snow on tuesday night; I watched the front tire and it looks like all of the snow it splits, flies right back in bewteen your legs and fills in around the carb~! WTF lol. It stopped running twice, and I hae to sit there and lightly chisle off the ice with a small stone of stick. Damn thing runs to cool. None of the snow melts unless it hits the header! You could touch the engine with your hand after 2.5 hours of riding and not get burned. I always runs my machines toward the richer side, but not to where I am fouling plugs. Any tips? I am thinking about making some stainless sheetmetal shrouds that can bolt up near the carb to block snow. I could not see the carb a bunch of times. Lol. My 250es, 250sx, and 200s never had this issue. What do you guys do?

Muggle
01-14-2011, 11:03 PM
My solution would be zip ties and a crazy carpet. Should have low friction too if you ever get into some real deep snow.