PDA

View Full Version : Why do you own more than one trike?

swampthang
01-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Just wondering if anyone else gets asked this question alot. Everyone sees my trike collection and thinks if you have one trike then why another and another. More is better I guess and I might end up on A&E on Horders with my trikes, but everyone needs a hobby right? My end goal is to collect all of the sport trikes and each generation of model to fix up and display in my garage, maybe setting on some green indoor outdoor carpet to simulate grass while not in use:lol:. So far I have first gen 200x, 85 350x, 85 tri-z. Now I only NEED is both tecates, all three 250r's, second gen 200x, 86 350x,85.5,86 tri-z, and maybe some 250sx. Wow i got my work cut out I know. So what all do you guys have in your collections and why? What is your end goal? Maybe some rare parts out there you guys have collected?:TrikesOwn

JoeyStacks
01-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I dont own more than 1 trike but I sure kick myself everytime I see one and cant afford it... My main reason for owning 1 trike and 1 quad is because If one goes down I can ride the other while I save up money for new parts. I also let my TRUSTED friends who cant afford to buy big boy toys ride them so Im not out there all lonely and whatnot

tri again
01-13-2011, 08:05 PM
Heck, I ain't been yelled at all day so here goes.

trikes are like duck decoys, if you don't want more, hide ( and separate) the ones you got or they multiply. It's basic physics.

I NEED automatics for towing and suspension for rough field work,
and a few points 90's for camping trips,because a bunch of them will fit nicely in the truck bed without complaining and you can fix anything on them with a coffee cup and a butter knife.
and....the pristine 87 just because it exists
and...a few loaners for friends
and..GF has the best one
and..daughter has the coolest one
and..some for parts
and

sx250heath
01-13-2011, 08:11 PM
My 250SX will be for sale soon. My 200X is going to be my daily rider and my 250R is for when i wanna go fast.

cr480r
01-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Gotta have a quiet small four stoke trike for campground fun and trail exploring, so i have a 200s... I just picked up a Tri-z that i plan to use for all around sport riding, and My tecate will likely evolve into a lighter, faster, and longer trike for use as a dune hill climb/holeshot weapon.. I'd like to eventually get a Big Red so can have 25" tires, run a winch, and have racks for hunting and utility uses. Eventually i would like to have a 250R just because.. And someday would like to find a cheap atc70 to play with until the kids get bigger..

shortline10
01-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Each has its own purpose and if you've been into trikes as long as me some get sentimental . LOL .

oscarmayer
01-13-2011, 08:16 PM
Because are better than women. They never get jelious and they always make ya happy. ;)

Ironbnder
01-13-2011, 08:20 PM
Each has its own purpose and if you've been into trikes as long as me some get sentimental . LOL .

My thoughts exactly... Trikes listed below.

Xpress
01-13-2011, 08:22 PM
If only they knew why...

For me, ONE trike just does not have all of the features I desire! I like to have a variety of machines for a variety of applications. My 110 is great for going on cruises down trails, or climbing small hills on low gear, as well as towing small to medium loads. My 200X is great for jumping, and fooling around on a track, and making fresh donuts. My Tecate makes for a fast ride for the desert.

So why do I NEED more than just ONE trike?? Why do you need multiple pairs of glasses? Why do you need more than one shirt, or pair of pants?

scooterroo
01-13-2011, 08:23 PM
because i can!!! and also what shortline said ... some just have sentimental value to me.

CRAZY70MAN
01-13-2011, 08:23 PM

Well put man........ They were just such a big part of my life.....when it was ALL GOOD!! They keep me young, other than my body getting beat, and give me a great reason to spend time with the kids. Got another young cousin coming over this weekend to ride....he has been begging me for a while. You have to have plenty of riders for the guests!!! It would be like running out of beer at a party if you had more riders than trikes??? That would just suck..lol....never happen around here. ha ha I refuse to grow up mentally!!:lol::lock::crazy:;)

Vealmonkey
01-13-2011, 08:37 PM
Well.....I got issues. LOL

Thorpe
01-13-2011, 08:50 PM
Sadly, at the moment, I dont own more than one.... :mad:

CRAZY70MAN
01-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Well.....I got issues. LOL

ha......to say the least!! lol

sittinguy
01-13-2011, 08:54 PM
I agree they were a big part of my life growing up. And I feel like I am paying respect for all the fun they gave me. Also I am a really good rider. It feels great when you show up somewhere to ride and you see the young quad guys snickering a little. They don't snicker very long. :)

I like preserving a little piece of history. Ask a little kid what a 3 wheeler is? They don't know, and probably never seen one.

I don't have a big variety of trikes, I do have a 4 speed 70 for nostalgic reasons(my first trike at 10yrs old), But I am in the process of putting together my 3rd 350X, The main reason is because I gathered alot of parts over the years, I enjoy putting them together from bare frame up, I could put one together blindfolded I think.

If the weather is good next week I will be hauling the showgirl to a car show. Its amazing how many guys come up and say,, OH I had one of those.

Yamaha_Rules69
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
The more I get, the better it is! I have 21 I believe, counting the "dead" ones and the frames. I agree that every one has its purpose, depending on the situation. Its really good to have parts machines and parts laying around, nothing better than that when something breaks.

oldtime3wheeler
01-13-2011, 09:31 PM
Like the other members said, they all have their purposes. I use my Big Red for yard work and easy riding, my 350x for riding with the boys, my red 83 70 is my sons first ride, and my xmas 70 is just fun to ride and have.
I want and need more, just dont have the space and cash right now.

dream3wheeler
01-13-2011, 10:46 PM
ive got 2 right now, it makes me feel like one of you guys and its just a fun hobby. by the time i die i want to have my own collection of mint trikes, and have owned every honda trike ever made.

atc350xer
01-13-2011, 11:01 PM
I agree they each have their particular uses, and in my opinion, they have their own personalities... seems alot of us even name them :lol:
A huge part of it for me is nostalgia... I miss the 80's :(

big red hemi
01-13-2011, 11:20 PM
my 85 big red for muding easy riding with my 2 year old and launching my seadoo at the lake.
my 200x is for pure fun. going fast jumping snow riding.

i guess i need more trikes cause the 2 i own are stretched pretty thin

OZQUAD44
01-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Because I'm afflicted with some sick disease called, trikaholism. I'm lead to believe it afflicts people mostly born in the 60's and 70's. A time when free citizens had many rights no longer present in contemporary life.

It is a twisted disease that gives it victims feelings of euphoria every time they purchase a three wheeled machine or spend time honing the unique riding techniques to master said machine. After experiencing this rush the sufferer can no longer find enjoyment in other types of main stream hobbies.

Some sufferers can get some enjoyment out of Buggies, Bikes, Beer, Babes, Boobs, Booze and or Quads, but in the end the victim always comes back to the humble trike. It is a cruel disease as it has the ability to ostracize the sufferer from main stream pastimes and hobbies, reducing many to underground activities such as internet groups and annual festivals or gatherings designed to share these feelings of euphoria with other sufferers.

Sadly there is no know cure.......

RapidRick
01-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Two each for each family member, whether they'll ride them or not. :lol:

Silverado
01-14-2011, 10:09 AM
I have two 250sx machine because I love trail riding and everything is better when you add a girl. So I have my Bike and my girl.....then there is the 200M which is fitted with a kolpin gun case, chainsaw holder and a bow holder. He is my hunting trike. The 185s was bought because my Dad is a pack rat and simply did not want to dig through the garage to remove his 4x4 from the back, and the 250es was purchased because my Dad was jealous that my 250sx machines had reverse and the 185s did not !!

WIkid500
01-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Two trikes and a 83 Yammi moped with a tri-zinger cylinder on it; just because it has two wheels doesn't mean it can't be a three wheeler at heart lol. They are like potato chips, can't stop at only one!!!

TatTooL23
01-14-2011, 11:21 AM
im just addicted to off road vehicles i think. i love it. I dont need them all by any means but i do plan on having them in my man cave eventually, nicely displayed.

I CURRENTLY own:

-An all original MINT condition 1982 Honda 185S
-A 1986 Honda 350X great/perfect shape but is my rider everything works as it should
-A 1987 Honda 200X that is 85% original, just the seat and tires are not. its in great condition, but was a rider, not anymore

-I have 4 1985 Honda Odyssey FL350's, 2 need plenty of work but r all there, one is about 90% mint and upgraded everything, and the other 80% mint and original

-A 2005 Honda TRX450R completely stock 100% MINT maybe 10 hours on it
-A 2006 Honda TRX450ER that is torn apart to be a TPC 450R when the frame kit arrives

I also have 2 Arctic Cat snowmobiles, and 2 go karts from before i got into the odysseys, lol. and a sea-doo jet boat. so yeah the recreational sports r my downfall!

rdlsz24
01-14-2011, 11:36 AM
I just can't resist buying them not running when I see them for cheap. I like to get them back up and running again

Rob

350XJEDI
01-14-2011, 11:50 AM
I currntly have 12 hondas that run and 5,6 parts pikes maybe more . I have had as many as 26 running bikes but had to thin the herd a little $$ maintaning and storing can be expensive. but I cant wait for my next puchase ,hopeits a 85-86R but it depends on what i find and the price its the thrill of the hunt ! I think you need more then one for different riding and quest ,freinds /family . I love the hobby and love bringing the trikes back from near extinction ,basket cases ,barn finds its alot cheaper then my muslecars!!

Brockey
01-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Because you can't get them new anymore, because I want to save them from death, my sons likes them, I grew up with them, I love them, others think Im nuts, my second 70 was a parts bike but turned out better than the first so now I am rebuilding the first one too. Lol, just some reasons.

f4istunna
01-14-2011, 04:14 PM
I just can't resist buying them not running when I see them for cheap. I like to get them back up and running again

Rob

thats my problem. I like collecting and fixing/working on old stuff be it trikes, quads, cars trucks ^^ I have 5 complete trikes now and another 1/2 complete parts trike. I just picked up another trx 250r yesterday just because i couldnt resist the good price and had the extra money.

ironchop
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
Why do you own more than one trike?

because they MADE more than one trike....that`s why

pantera1975
01-14-2011, 05:09 PM
I have 2, a 86 250R for me and a 85 250R for my wife. Well at least that's what I keep telling her she loves me so much sh says there both mine! Hopefully this spring I can find a nice 86-87 t-3 I keep telling her I'll get her one of those so she's not copying me.

brrcuda
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
when i was 11 i raced a yt125 pure stock in '84 - thats right - run what ya brung. Always said to myself "ill have that bike someday". So 20 years later i can afford to have the trikes that i dreamed about. reliving childhood times i guess.......

my family give me total crap about the obsession, but its no different than alot of hobbies..

I have 7 trikes - no more for me. 2 of them i ride and 3 (tri-z, 250R, tecate) are show only in my basement as my "starting line up".

390x
01-14-2011, 08:05 PM
I have an 84 200X that I bought from a friend when we were kids. Over the years it got piped, cam high comp piston, 6 spd w/XR200 parts (still forward kick), XR200 carb, Durablue axle, multiple top ends, one crank, completely redone once (blasted and painted everything, polished triples). I rode it nearly every day, until I was in college. I finished college in 2000. Since then I haven't riden it, some day if I have the time I will restore it to it's former glory. It has great sentimental value, it's probably the last one I would part with.

I also have an 86 200X, because when I was kid riding the 84, I wanted the 86/87. Now that I have one, I realize they are far superior to the 83-85 models, and should have gotten one sooner.

Primarily I ride my 86 350X. I would have probably killed myself if I had one when I was a kid. I am too heavy for the 200Xs to amuse me for long, especially at larger riding areas.

portland250r
01-14-2011, 08:20 PM
the more trikes the better!

fugget1
02-07-2011, 11:07 PM
There is nothing better than the feeling of riding a Three Wheeler. I've got a license for everything motorized, and am working on one for flying. By far the best is jumping on my 85 350X and just riding, ripping it up, chillin and puttin around, all of it. My first one was a klt 110, had 4 dirt bikes before it, ct 70 the 50 the 90, and then a suzuko Go Fer 100 2 stroke street bike with knobbies. That little 110 and the friends 110's I rode before it just never left my mind. I remember (when I was alot smaller) actually floating the thing in a big creek! We grew up with yamaha 200's klt 110's, Honda 110's and a couple of yammy 225's. Riding was everything. I just got 2 70's and an 86 125m that need resto, my klt 110 is almost done, the 350X all original except the tank, and I will begin looking for an 86 250es. The quads are great, and I love bouncing around with the kids, but I almost always pick the X over the brute force 750. Growing up, they were a very defining part of my life. I'll buy as many as I can before the wife leaves me. Then I'll spend her share of the grocery bill on more!!!!