PDA

View Full Version : 1985/1986 low to mid boggle

hammer 250r
01-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I just picked up a 1985 250r (my second one) it has a PJ 38 carb and is ported with FMF fatty pipe and power core scilencer I installed a rad reed valve unit and no help with the boggle, I took the carb apart and cleened it up but my next step is to rebuild carb and check the jet #'s while I'm In their what jet size do you think I should run? I've also ajusted the air/fuel ajustmet with no change boggle remains lean or rich.

Thanks for any help!!

mmartin
01-13-2011, 12:29 AM
There is a really good thread in here by dammit about proper jetting!! It will help you a lot to read it and properly jet your carb to get the bogg out of it! Another thing you can do to help a lot if it is an option would be to get away from the pj carb and get a kiehin pwk carb! The advancements between the pwk and pj in my opinion are night and day and you will be able to feel the power difference. I hope this helps. The thread I'm referencing is titled carb jetting 101 I think check it out for sure its excellent info

hammer 250r
01-13-2011, 01:23 AM
Thank you for the reply! I'll search for the thread.

hammer 250r
01-16-2011, 12:56 AM
I took my carb apart and my slow jet is a 58 seems to rich to me and my main is a 160. sence my problem is from off idle to midrange it leads me to think the slow jet is to big at 58.
What do you all think??
Thank you!