PDA

View Full Version : Rest in peace

MorganHonda200!
01-12-2011, 01:12 AM
My 1985 honda 200M kicked the bucket yesterday on the way to the backwater.:( Snow was too deep and it got a LITTLE too hot. When I reached the back water I could smell burning oil and so I hoped off to see and the exhaust was glowing red.:eek: Shut it off and let it cool. Started back up and was turning around and it was sputtering and had no power. Quit and tried to start again and every 5 6 strokes it would clunk. But it started and I tried again. Put it in gear and would move with me on it. So there it sat. Went with the elan and got it today.I guess I'll have to park it for the winter.:cry:

portland250r
01-12-2011, 03:01 AM
that doesnt sound good. dont let it sit start taking it apart and see what parts its going to need, hopefully the engines repairable.

Xpress
01-12-2011, 04:57 AM
Yeah, there isn't anything you can't do to make it run like new, it just depends on how much effort you want to put into it :)

coolpool
01-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Get her fixed! I'm planning on organizing a ride starting from Cold Lake on the Iron Horse Trail in the Spring.

Dirtcrasher
01-12-2011, 12:41 PM
Snow is fun but if you can't keep any forward movement, they can overheat fast.........

Mr_RPM
01-12-2011, 04:33 PM
sounds like it got too hot and some damage occurred giving you low compression. Probably just needs a top end rebuild, but while your in there... ;)

MorganHonda200!
01-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Snow is fun but if you can't keep any forward movement, they can overheat fast.........

yeah your not kidding funnything is that I was driving it everyday at my friends and I take it home and first day I go for a drive this happens It was perfect at my buddys because I dove it everyda y so the path was always pack not like my house not a trail in sight