PDA

View Full Version : stroking????

Jammtee
01-11-2011, 07:37 PM
i read a post where a person put an xr200 rod in his trike. he called it stroked. that doesn't seem right to me because the stroke didn't change, right? the only thing changing is the distance bewteen piston and the center of the crank. if some one could set me straight i would appriecate it.

Xpress
01-11-2011, 08:01 PM
I believe stroking out an engine is when you increase the length of the piston stroke to create more torque and compression.

I sold an XR200R stroker engine to a member on here for use in his 200X, so you might be referring to that....

shortline10
01-11-2011, 08:07 PM
Simply put . The connecting rod is installed further out on the crank thus creating a longer stroke . Machining is required to do this mod .

86'250sx
01-11-2011, 09:52 PM
You have to put a different crank in for the stroke to change. just putting in a longer rod doesn't lengthen the stroke its just a longer rod.

pmktm
01-12-2011, 02:03 AM
http://powroll.com Try this. They take the crank pin out and off drill the pin hole[bigger] to move the big-end center farther
out. Then they heat the rod and push the ends together to make it shorter and cut the bottom of the piston to clear the crank throws. They make long rods
for Banshees that change the rod angle [@90 & 270 degrees] and posta make more torque. Yam used to make a long rod kit for the YZ 250s also. clear as mud eh.

greenhuman
01-12-2011, 07:58 AM
You could have a rod 4 feet long and the stroke would still be the same. Moving the crank pin further out on the crank wheel lengthens the stroke.