PDA

View Full Version : 86 200x kicker question ?

Koozie
01-11-2011, 12:02 PM
I have a 86 200x and the KICK START LEVER is bad and wont stay together anymore. Im wondering if anyone has one for and 86 200x or if there is something else that will fit and work the same

tri again
01-11-2011, 01:39 PM
I have a 86 200x and the kick start lever is bad and wont stay together anymore. Im wondering if anyone has one for and 86 200x or if there is something else that will fit and work the same?

Not sure what 'stay together' means.
There's the main shaft, a pinch bolt to hold it to the splined shaft into the engine, and that foot lever that flips out.

There are recent posts about the internals gears and one way clutch not working too well. Kicker grabs once in a while, or stays down, upgraded springs etc etc.

What else can you describe?

Thanks

Dirtcrasher
01-11-2011, 02:27 PM
You have to run the 3MM larger 87 shaft, then bore the engine case to accept it.

Snapped off 86 kickers are very common. They are not cheap to fix unless you can spot the parts - And EBAY people calling it an 87 doesn't etch it i stone either

Koozie
01-12-2011, 01:41 PM
any ideas guys? kinds hard to start with out kicker

Dirtcrasher
01-12-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, take the clutch cover off and see what snap ring moved......

No worries, they have Permatex at the hardware store :D

Jerm1179
01-12-2011, 02:52 PM
u should have just asked for a kick lever then......to be honest your above description is quite confusing with all the talk about the "main body" and such... be clearer and you might get a decent answer...be a dick and you wont get any help what so ever..:) have a nice day:)

Koozie
01-12-2011, 03:01 PM
sorry for the confusin i added pics of what i mean and just lookign for the lever its self. Thanks

Dirtcrasher
01-12-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm as confused as everyone else. Now it seems like you lost a clip/pin and the shaft is walking out, in which case you will need to take it apart and figure it out. Use your eyes, they help IMMENSELY!!

Define the problem and many of us can tell you how to fix it :beer

Koozie
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Pictures added to first post of the problem and it came part and hold down bolt is still in the bottom. Is there a way to fix or is there another kick starter lever from another trike that will work ?

200x350xtriz250
01-12-2011, 08:06 PM
Not sure about a fix - pretty sure a spring and ball bearing go in the hole in the base of the kicker itself then into the base. Not long ago you could still buy a whole new kicker from Honda.

SeaBass8
01-12-2011, 08:26 PM
Service Honda shows the 86 kicker disco'd. That just recently happened. I have "heard" that a Mojave kicker will work but I don't know that for sure.

Nightmare
01-12-2011, 08:39 PM
I know what problem he is talking about... The kicker itself have a section of metal the kicker arm when swung out get stuck on so you can kit it forward. With time, this shitty design wears away. I end up adding a few beads of weld and reshape the worn section. If you kicker is falling apart literally, then I can not help you.

Dirtcrasher
01-12-2011, 10:25 PM
If YOU had just said from day 1, "my kicker falls apart" people would have understood. It doesn't look beat so just get a TOUGH spring and 1/4" (maybe) ball to get it back together. A zillion other models use a similar spring and ball. The rest of it looks nice.......

You'll need to grind out that CRAP and put a SS flat head allen bolt in there.

Johnny SB, EVERYTHING went away last year. It's all gone now; Glad I grabbed what I did back when. Even the 350X shrouds were available 2 months ago (SH had 7 sets). Someone - AHEM!!, COUGH COUGH!! who is selling them for double the $$ most likely cleaned out the warehouse. Too bad, I wanted just 1 spare set............................

So much for the rider, It's all about the money they people can make. I wish they'd buy DC'd BMW parts and leave our chit alone.

Jerm1179
01-13-2011, 11:04 AM
if you cant fix it or find one from a member....try cyclesrus.net they can get you one...but you will pay too