PDA

View Full Version : Flywheel Removal

Levithan
10-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Hey guys, was wondering how i get my flywheel off. Its an '84 200x, and i have removed the bolt off that looks as if its just to keep it in place. I looked around the flywheel, and it looks like theres nothing holding it on, but i tried pulling it and it wont budge! I've also heard that theres some tool that you need to take it off, and that you can make a homemade one, but im not sure. Anyone know what the deal is with that? Thanks Again!

jeswinehart
10-01-2003, 05:24 PM
the manual says you'll need a gear puller but i have never used one to remove the flywheels b-4.
okay, the fly wheel is on a tapered shaft (end of the crank) and theres a woodruff key between the crank and flywheel.
i use a bolt ( about 14 mm ,,, not head size but the threaded part).
it will turn into the threads on the flywheel and press against the end of the crank ( the crank has the hole in it that you just re-moved a smaller bolt and tried to get the fly wheel off). just keep tuning the large bolt in and the flywheel will pop off. don't hammer on the flywheel cuz will take the magnatism out of the flywheel.

john

tdup
10-01-2003, 09:59 PM
Use a the threaded end of your front axle, it is the same as the flywheel puller threads. I have done this many time just thread it into the flywheel real tight and it will pop the flywheel loose. (cost $0)

tdup
10-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Use a the threaded end of your front axle, it is the same as the flywheel puller threads. I have done this many time just thread it into the flywheel real tight and it will pop the flywheel loose. (cost $0)

Levithan
10-02-2003, 01:19 AM
Heh, well John, my fly wheel is toast, and thats why i want it off! :D Somehow the magneto ground up the flywheel, and im pretty sure thats why it wont start. I think im gonna do the work myself though, seems more of a replacement job than anything. I can use some help though, so i'll prob ask from time to time. Do you know anyone that could sell me a working flywheel and magneto? that would be great. Thanks for the help!

jeswinehart
10-02-2003, 05:39 PM
lol ,,,, i been using one for a ashtray on a bench in the corner of the garage.
i have another that is clean. you can just have it guy,,, cover the postage is all i ask. i'll get it in the mail in the morning.

john

jeswinehart
10-02-2003, 05:50 PM
tdup,,, outstanding info !

john

Levithan
10-02-2003, 11:17 PM
Wow, Thanks much man! I'll send you it soon, how much is it? Thanks again.