PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question 200 es big red

deeredoug
01-06-2011, 04:06 PM
The exhaust I have the spark arrester is gone and more than half of the end of the pipe is rusted off. Could I cut off the end and put a new piece of pipe on? I dont know how much that spark arrester affects the way it runs.

Chazz of Blades
01-06-2011, 04:18 PM
The pipe on my 84 Red has had the spark arrester removed, and the silencer chopped off, and a straight pipe from a bronco welded on to it. It doesn't sound that bad, and it doesn't effect performance negatively. It actualy did better compared to a stock 84 I rode.

tri again
01-07-2011, 03:08 AM
The exhaust I have the spark arrester is gone and more than half of the end of the pipe is rusted off. Could I cut off the end and put a new piece of pipe on? I dont know how much that spark arrester affects the way it runs.

they may not let you ride on some public areas without a spark arrester.

I had one like you describe, added pipe, rolled up some 1/4" galvanized screen to keep the center clear from the headpipe to output, packed around that with real loose stainless steel scrubbing pads and some stainless screen at the end, same screen size, same specs as factory sparker.

It 'passed' inspection by the federales at the dunes and to answer your question, other than the decrease in ear pain, I didn't notice any difference in running. (250sx)

bcredneck
01-07-2011, 04:04 AM
in canada if you have no spark arestor and ridding in the in the summer and theres any fire in the area you get blamed and charged up to $ millions even if theres no fire the forestry guys stillcan take your bike not only that but this is one of the resons you americans have lost so many ridding areas and now we are fighting to keep ours i live in canadas only desert and because of stupid crap like this people are trying to make the montains aroud my town a national park witch means no trikes no dirtbkes no trucks not even bicycles and it only takes one idiot to make us all look like idiots and make it a shure thing like why do you think every bike bylaw must have one do what you whant but if you dont have one stay away from here

jamminjimmi
01-12-2011, 08:08 PM
Here's my getup
http://i492.photobucket.com/albums/rr287/jamminjimmi/big%20red/DSC00523.jpg

hublake
01-12-2011, 08:38 PM
If you are looking for a new OEM give your Honda dealer a call. I just got one for my 83 200e. The 84es has one part number for the muffler but the 83 has about 5 or 6 different part numbers according to frame number. The 84 part number is 18310-vm3-003