PDA

View Full Version : 1984 Honda ATC 250r pics. PLEASE HELP IDENTIFY!!!

feo_nuts
01-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Hello everyone. I was wondering if I could get some help on identifying a few things please. The 1st pic of the case there is what appears to be a vacuum fitting or what have you. Maybe a vent. Second picture is of the forks. I have one valve stem on the forks that is smashed and beat to hell. I was wondering if there is a way to fix it or even if it can't be. If so, where to get the parts. Well this should be fun :)

beets442
01-06-2011, 12:10 AM
Crankcase vent. yes it can be fixed. Ebay has most parts but someone might step up and offer. good luck

feo_nuts
01-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Where does the crank case vent lead to? Such as, do I have to route a hose to& from it or leave it as it is?

bkm
01-06-2011, 05:36 AM
Where does the crank case vent lead to? Such as, do I have to route a hose to& from it or leave it as it is?

Once upon a time, there was a rubber vent tube like on the carb vents, that would exit out behind the engine and under the machine.

Toledo_Tommy
01-06-2011, 09:07 AM
The vent hose goes under the carb and then drops off the back of the crank , pointing towards the ground. I just replaced mine , here is a picture.
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee117/unpure_photo/installedcarb.jpg

feo_nuts
01-06-2011, 11:50 AM
So, would gear oil (transfluid) leak out of that vent if over full?

Toledo_Tommy
01-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Possible but i think its more for air , i never over filled it so i dunno. The hose does not connect to anything , just get about a foot of hose and push it down through your swingarm near the rear shock. The other picture is to put air into your front shocks at the top of the forks , look on ebay for new stems . I think they just screw in , air your forks really springy ? Like a pogo stick ? Might also have bad seals in the forks them self .
Good luck