PDA

View Full Version : Good Deal? 83 Big red for $100

Lord Letto 20
12-28-2010, 03:52 PM
hi all, i have a ad on a local classified site that goes like this:

"Wanted: a old 3 or 4 wheeler, dirtbike/motorcycle in any condition"
"hi' i'm looking for a free or cheap winter or spring project, would prefer a 3 wheeler/ATC/Trike but would accept a quad, dirt bike, a Motorcycle or even a Sled also. i can't spend much right now, like around $50 but i would still like to know what people got. i currently have a 1983 Honda ATC 200e but i would like another engine size or another make or model to go with the collection. please let me know what you have. will accept it weather its running or not, or if the frame is all rusted and it only good for scrap i would still take it for something to tinker around with."

then today when i checked my emails, i had this as a reply:
"I have a 1983 big red that I took apart, but never got back together. It's all there except for the rubber. The motor has a bent valve but thats all that is wrong with it. A $100 bill will take it."

what do you guys think?

Lord Letto 20
12-28-2010, 04:56 PM
i replied and asked:

"hi, do you have any pictures of it? i already have a 1983 Honda 200e Big red but i wouldn't mind having another one as backup or to use as parts. all that's wrong with the one i have now is that it needs a head gasket and a oil change, it also don't have the proper muffler. and do it have a ownership for it?"

and i replied a second time

"oh, and i just thought of something else to go with my last reply, by "It's all there except for the rubber" it it just the tires or the rims and tires missing, because i have some rear wheels from a 1981 ATC 200 that my brother got to use as parts (He also got a 1983 Big Red) and a front wheel from the same 81 200 or from my 83 big red so getting wheels and tires would be no problem for it. as for the engine, if the bent valve is all that's wrong with it, my brothers 83 big red needs some engine work done to it, when it starts, if he can get it started, it would smoke like hell so we think that the piston and/or rings are gone so if the valve is still good it it, then it would be possible to take this engine and my brothers engine and combine the 2 to make a good engine."

and he replied back

"The rims are there,I don't have any pictures but you're free to come and look at it. As for the ownership, I don't have it but I am friends with the guy I bought it off of. He may have it ,but he is the original owner haveing bought it in 1983. That is a long time to lose the ownership. If you are still interested call me at (His Phone number) and we can set something up. I am south of New Hamburg"

atc350xer
12-28-2010, 05:02 PM
I'd grab it up... but then, I'll drag ANY trike home :lol:

thestud25
12-28-2010, 05:05 PM
$100 is worth it. Get a signed bill of sale to CYA!

trikes4life
12-28-2010, 06:35 PM
$100 is worth it. Get a signed bill of sale to CYA!

x2 on that

RoscoW
12-28-2010, 08:49 PM
Pick it up for the parts but ask if you can get the receipt signed by his buddy (the original owner, as long as they are telling the truth). Take that to the MTO and tell them it has a lost ownership. As long as the paper trail is intact (registered owner signs bill of sale over to you) with no middle man they should give you a new ownership (which I believe you have been looking for).
A receipt to the seller from the original owner and then another receipt to you is another option but the middle guy can get his hand slapped for not transferring ownership to his name.
Build a complete trike with this frame and VIN and part out the rest.