PDA

View Full Version : 1984 ATC 250r Shifter Shaft

feo_nuts
12-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Hello all. I have, of course, a couple....dozen questions. I just discovered that my foot pedal gear shifter (the one that slides onto the shaft) is broken. This is pretty common from what I've seen. My question is, how hard is it to remove the entire shifter shaft? Reason being, is if it ain't to hard to remove, I will weld the foot pedal to the saft. Then replace it when I get the shaft ordered. Tell me the pros and cons please! Thanks in advance!

Trooper308
05-18-2017, 08:18 PM
This is super old but if you have the old shaft I'll buy it, mine is broken inside, gotta take the motor out and take off the side cover

Gripit'n'ripit
09-04-2017, 03:01 AM
IF anyone is curious, you can use the shifting shaft from a CR250.
As for the original question....Very easy to replace the shift shaft.

Trooper, if you want, I have several spares. They all have varies defect that led me to not use them, but if you have a need, they're here for ya.
Or anyone else for that matter.

Poco Loco
09-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Be careful welding that shaft in place. The heat will destroy the shaft seal. Its not hard to get the shaft out. Remove the clutch side cover and clutch basket and slide the shaft out. If its bent, you may have to cut it shorter so it will slide through. You can do all of this with the motor installed in the frame. Good luck.