PDA

View Full Version : Smokey 86 250r

stroberts22
12-23-2010, 11:37 PM
I bought a 86 atc 250r the other day. I noticed it had oil coming out of every seam in the pipe and out the end of the silencer. He said that he ran it at 20/1 so I thought that was why it was doing this plus it smelled like cheap oil. I ran a tank of koltz through it at 32/1 and it still has that cheap oil smell. I was thinking it was burning my crankcase oil through a seal but I check the crankcase level and it was full. It runs perfect it just smokes and has that stinky cheap oil smell. I've heard of oil building up in your pipe. Is this a possibility ? The jetting seems spot on 42 pilot and 148 main.

4cfed
12-23-2010, 11:41 PM
take your pipe off, and clean it out, spray inside of the expansion pipe with a good carb cleaner, and cap the ends and shake it around and flush the pipe out with a pressure washer if possible, same with the silencer , its its aftermarket take it apart and repack it, well its apart soak it inparts cleaner and wash it out,

i had to do that with my old 84 250r the guy was running cheap oil at 20:1, and it smoked soo bad and stunk, and the silencer was almost gummed tight from oil sludge,

cattle-dog
12-24-2010, 08:54 AM
take your pipe off, and clean it out, spray inside of the expansion pipe with a good carb cleaner, and cap the ends and shake it around and flush the pipe out with a pressure washer if possible, same with the silencer , its its aftermarket take it apart and repack it, well its apart soak it inparts cleaner and wash it out,

i had to do that with my old 84 250r the guy was running cheap oil at 20:1, and it smoked soo bad and stunk, and the silencer was almost gummed tight from oil sludge,
^^^^^^^^^^^^he hit the nail on the head^^^^^^^^^^^

RoscoW
12-24-2010, 09:03 AM
there will also be residual oil in the cases where the crank spins, even after you clean the exhaust you may notice it smoking when run hard.

Ross..

fabiodriven
12-24-2010, 09:45 AM
You can take the exhaust off and run a propane torch through it for a while. Prop it up with the torch blowing right into it. That will cook everything off eventually.

stroberts22
12-24-2010, 11:51 AM
there will also be residual oil in the cases where the crank spins, even after you clean the exhaust you may notice it smoking when run hard.

Ross..
Thats exactly what it 's doing. I don't really realize it until I run it real hard. Thanks for all of ya'lls help. I'll get the exhaust clean out and see if that helps.