PDA

View Full Version : honda 350x question

honda200xatc
12-22-2010, 12:03 AM
Does anyone know if the 350x motor can be taken apart (topend) with the motor still installed in the frame? I know I have an 86 200x and when I got it rebuilt (topend) the guy didn't have to take the motor out of the frame.

Dirtcrasher
12-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Yes you can. You may have to remove the valve cover caps and def. the upper frame plates.........

honda200xatc
12-22-2010, 12:26 AM
Thanks alot DC. I knew you would have the answer.

NOS_350X
12-22-2010, 05:16 AM
depends on the extent, you can easly remove the rocker cover, any more that that your best off removing the engine.
I have removed the head with the engine in the bike but i had to remove all the bolts and drop the engine down agenst the frame, and the stud bolt still scratched the head. and you CANNOT remove the cylinder in the frame. Its not worth it, just pull it.

honda200xatc
12-22-2010, 08:04 AM
ok I guess I will just install the motor in the frame. I have a 350x thats in pieces and I want to put together the bike before bringing it over to the guy to get rebuilt. He did my 86 200x and didnt have to remove the motor at all. He removed the the whole top end including cylinder and never had to pull motor. I dont like bringing over boxes full of parts and have the person try to put it back together. I would rather have all wiring, frame and parts put on the bike except the top end.

Dirtcrasher
12-22-2010, 01:10 PM
One time I had to slide the dowel pins out but I don't ever recall removing the lower engine bolts.

And if mounting bolts is all it takes, it's certainly better than risking snapping the exhaust studs.

I've fixed 17 heads this year alone, they are obviously an issue when removing and guys have tried all the lubes and other methods to help get them out.