PDA

View Full Version : 85 atc 110 motor rebuild questions on some preformance upgrades?

vartiak15
12-17-2010, 03:22 AM
i am going to pick up an 85 110 i got off ebay on sat. guy says the motor needs rebuild. what are some good carb, pistion, cam,and intake set up if you can still get the intakes??????? also what parts off the other year 110s or 125s fit this trike. any help is welcome

Vealmonkey
12-17-2010, 07:14 AM
Not much potential here for more performance. CDI ignition. You are better off saving your money and getting another trike for performance. Either think about an earlier 90 or go to a 185s or something like that.

Mr_RPM
12-17-2010, 04:13 PM
theres parts out there, you just gotta find them. I know theres some pistons in Dr.atv.com and ebay, cams for sale on ebay, and some companies like webb cams.
exhaust can be bought new from DG or cobra, carbs can be found on ebay or dr.atv.com.

theres tons of parts available for your 110, members here can help as well as many sites i have listed.
take a look at my build thread for my 110 in my signature.

SWIGIN
12-18-2010, 02:30 PM
I don't think Dr.ATV has pistons for any 110 since the pistion pin has a larger diameter then a 90 or smaller motor. I looked and looked when I built my 85 110 and could fine no new source for pistons. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I have not found any. I just used a 185 or 200x carb and a megacycle cam with titanium retainers and HD springs. Other then high compression pistons it is still easy to find new aftermarket parts for the newer 110 motors.

This is a link to my thread about my 1985 110 and some of the things I did to it years ago. I thought it might help you out.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?118446-As-promised-pics-of-my-modded-110

Mr_RPM
12-18-2010, 06:45 PM
in got my high comp piston from ebay (56mm rocky) and the cam, carb, intake and other goodies from a member here

Xpress
12-18-2010, 07:25 PM
IMO, you don't really need to do a lot of modding on the 110's. A good exhaust like a DG or Trapp and maybe re-jetting on the carb, but otherwise, they're a total blast to haul arse on the trails, or slip around corners as is. Low gear makes for a fun rock crawler. Or something to pull your friends quad out from the mud :lol:

SWIGIN
12-18-2010, 08:59 PM
in got my high comp piston from ebay (56mm rocky) and the cam, carb, intake and other goodies from a member here

But no new supply right?

I'm not into scrounging for hard to find when you need them NOS parts when is comes to motor parts.

Mr_RPM
12-18-2010, 09:29 PM
But no new supply right?

I'm not into scrounging for hard to find when you need them NOS parts when is comes to motor parts.

no "new" supply but these are NOS http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HONDA-ATC110-COMPLETE-PISTON-KIT-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem336375fec0QQitemZ22071 2009408QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
kinda confused on what u mean as for new supply. but these have been going for months now and seem to be never ending. I saw a member on here with 5-10 for sale also.
Im guessing they a NOS since the box was really old looking and feeling and the quality of the piston (in hand inspection) had the look of an old school cast and machining.

I dont know much of them other than it takes a stock 110 cylinder to the very max and that they are cheap and seem to work. I dont have alot of time on mine but it runs great so far. they claim a 10.5:1 compression ratio and are 125cc displacement according to the box.

SWIGIN
12-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Sorry, by new i ment that if I blow it up I can just call someone up and order the next size and bore my cyl. I know there are some NOS parts floating around but I can never find them when I need them...not very practical for a wear item IMO.

But those are a deal and look to be in perfect condition but when you use that piston then blow it up you'll need a nother cyl. I wish someone had them in all the over bore sizes.

ratvespa
12-19-2010, 01:53 PM
a quick and easy mod for the 110 motors in a cam, WEB makes a whole bunch of cams them them. the stock cam is pretty conservative, so a higher lift and longer duration would help it breath better
you can swap the cam in the frame too, they only take about 30 min to do.
http://www.webcamshafts.com/index_blank.html?pages/vehicle_search.html

3wheeledjunkie
12-19-2010, 04:15 PM
One question, will any of these top end mods ruin the low end pull the 110's have in low range?

ratvespa
12-19-2010, 04:19 PM
One question, will any of these top end mods ruin the low end pull the 110's have in low range?

when we say "top end" we are refering to the top end of the physical engine, not the top end power of the power curve.

SWIGIN
12-19-2010, 04:23 PM

Low end grunt suffers to a degree like any highly built motor but low range is so low that this is not a problem.

In other words in high range mine pulls out a tad slower then stock but 1 second later you'r flying. A manual clutch would help this greatly IMO.

3wheeledjunkie
12-22-2010, 11:27 PM
I figured you'd loose a bit, but the real low end grunt of these engines is because of the gearing. With the gearing these bike have you could pull a truck around with a little xr50 with it.