PDA

View Full Version : Tecate replacement kick start lever

nebnosnevel
12-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I have a 1st gen Tecate with no kicker. I'm having trouble finding something to work. I bought a replacement off ebay. Emgo brand I believe. It fits up to an 86 KX250. It appears to be a chinese piece of junk. Anyway the style is different. Its a pinch bolt style vs the center bolt stock style. Any way to make this work? I read on here that a banshee kicker will work. I tried that but it was also a pinch bolt style.

Any ideas on what will work for me? I got the emgo to go on but was not able to tighten the pinch bolt so it slipped after one kick. Anybody have any stock kickers they're willing to sell?

fabiodriven
12-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Welcome my fellow Masshole. Keep your eyes on Ebay and put an ad up in the classified section in here. You'll find something.

dcreel
12-16-2010, 09:53 PM
The 84-87 Tecate kick starter is the same part. Hope that helps.

I know it doesn't help any but I have a Kawasaki dirt bike kick starter on mine. I can't remember what it is off of.

nd4speed
12-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I have an emgo but believe you when you say it was hard to fit right. The KX250 and Tecate do have the same splines on same diameter but the shafts and kick start splines are different lengths.

I had to put that emgo on an 86 Kx250 motor after I couldn't find the stock one
Maybe I should update one of my posts.