PDA

View Full Version : Just Noticed People's Locations

Tecate250
12-16-2010, 11:17 AM
Why are so many of us trikers so afraid to show where we live? You think people are going to come and steal you bikes? Like some idiots just put "Somewhere with my trike":crazy:

ezmoney1979
12-16-2010, 11:45 AM
I have wondered the same thing before. I find it interesting seeing where everyone is from but many members wish not to say or they just say what state they are from?

dcreel
12-16-2010, 12:01 PM
I give the state, which is a general indicator of where I live. If anybody has any reason to wonder exactly where I live in Kansas, they will contact me by pm or e-mail. Not neccesarily to be unfriendly, just cautious..

ratvespa
12-16-2010, 12:11 PM
haha, from what I know there are only 2 of us from vegas, me and vegas250r, and Im sure he does not want the crap I have at my house!

Thorpe
12-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Do you want us to put our address, color of house, name of first child, ss#, banking info on there?

ama009
12-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Even if someone posted they were from the same town as mine, I would still not know exactly were they live. I am not goint to go out and start driving by everyone's garage to see if I see a trike. Then again, I am not a thief, and I am not as determined as some of the thieves around here! My car was stolen from my house once and from work once!

bigbadktm
12-16-2010, 12:36 PM
there are quite a few of us from san diego area, and I have yet to meet one of them, even though xpress lives like 10 min away. I have doubts that anybody is gonna find me on here to steal my R

puggerton03
12-16-2010, 12:47 PM
I am one of the ones "afraid" to put exactly where I live. I actually pissed my self while writing this. I think just the state gives a good enough idea of where someone is from.

rdlsz24
12-16-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm paranoid so I don't give my exact town. When you live in a very small town it's not such a huge task to figure it out

Rob

willrideanythin
12-16-2010, 01:11 PM
Its funny because with a simple free puter program anyone can grab your IP addy and knock on your door. I have seen it used on Rappy forums.

JayBone
12-16-2010, 01:15 PM
Oh they know where you ALL live...They know for sure.

SeaBass8
12-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Just curious... How does your IP address get associated with your street address. I know you could get a general idea if your isp uses geographical dns server names.

JayBone
12-16-2010, 02:27 PM
if you go to google and type in do they know where i live then click i'm feeling lucky

It should bring you to this site: http://ask-leo.com/how_do_those_ads_know_where_i_live.html

It's just a geographical location not pin point you to your address. Unless hackers have some kind of trick out there.

ktmbk
12-16-2010, 02:34 PM
I just went general, If your in the northeast you would probably know about where I am, If I only put my town's name not too many people would know at all.

fabiodriven
12-16-2010, 02:40 PM
East Bridgewater Massachusetts baby. Route 106. You got something to say, come and see me.

rray62
12-16-2010, 03:48 PM
my house doesn't show up on GoogleEarth :(

dcreel
12-16-2010, 03:57 PM
And it's not really you guys I'm worried about.. but the 101 guests on the site at any given time.

the great gazoo
12-16-2010, 08:30 PM
East Bridgewater Massachusetts baby. Route 106. You got something to say, come and see me.
Buhahahahaha!
Baltimore county, Maryland, 21209. Right off Falls Road. C'mon over & Let's ride!

sportvette
12-16-2010, 10:38 PM
had a lot of stuff taken from me growing up. bicycle, motorcycle, mini-bike, mustang, etc. sometimes cautious is not such a bad thing.

buck
12-16-2010, 11:39 PM
I too enjoy seeing everyone's location when they post. Their geographic location actually gives me some insight to the way they make replies on here. It helps me understand where they are coming from so to speak. (no pun intended) :)

That being said, I just noticed I only have my state listed and not the town I live in. Guess I'm guilty too. I'll go change that. I'm not gonna go through life looking over my shoulder.

Buck

Big Mike
12-16-2010, 11:52 PM

I got something to say to you, I will be by tomorrow to tell ya!!!

badass350x
12-17-2010, 12:03 AM
Tucson az, C'mon over!!!! WARNING WARNING DO NOT TRY AND STEAL!!!!!! Just a warning! Let's ride.

NINJA
12-17-2010, 12:11 AM
I could care less if another member knows where I live. What I do care about is somebody going through all the trouble to show up at my place because I somehow hurt their feelings via typed words on the internets. In that case, prepare for serious confrontation, you trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotr ailpro lunatic!

mrmello
12-17-2010, 12:29 AM
I am from SASKATCHATOON!!!!!

Ha ha ha

cr480r
12-17-2010, 12:30 AM
I think its neat to have a general idea where someone is... Rather its overseas, snow, sand, woods, swamp, farmland, california, etc It sometimes helps to make sense of a members posts if you have an idea where they're coming from.. Plus I am sure many trikers have met through these boards..

Fungo Wizard
12-17-2010, 12:32 AM
Well, I put Springfield, and ended up with Stud25 and ZaGames 10 minutes away. Hell I actually worked with ZaGames mom and did not know him til I met him on here. Small world!

Xpress
12-17-2010, 12:33 AM
I live in a town where you have to have someone who knows this place to navigate around, otherwise.. YOU'RE SCREWED!!

code200k
12-17-2010, 01:02 AM
i put my area code..alot of members are north of me.IF somebody wanted my stuff bad enough all they gotta do is look for my truck or ask about a bright yellow 2 stroke trike lol..better yet when buying selling parts thats the whole address,but like dcreel said aint worried about most of you guys..

Tecate250
12-17-2010, 11:33 AM
Wow has this thread blew up. Im glad people have noticed. Im famous around here. I just say Remember the green trike that was for sale. Someof us actually put there country.

deeredoug
12-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Rockford Minnesota here . Dont blink driving through town or you will miss it.

Twilight
12-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Arbor Heights, Washington. Right near 35th and Roxbury, come visit... dont steal I have a attack cat!

Thorpe
12-17-2010, 03:36 PM
Come on now... I know where Rockford is! Between Medina and Buffalo!

deeredoug
12-17-2010, 03:43 PM
Come on now... I know where Rockford is! Between Medina and Buffalo!

You got it.

scooterroo
12-17-2010, 03:45 PM
Saratoga, new yawk!!!! the turning point in the cross roads of this countries battle for independence! i know theres a few others around my general vicinity! im not worried about anything getting stolen from my place... i got a hell of a set of guard dogs... my beagle goes crazy when a friggin leaf falls off the tree, and if he doesnt hear you, you have to make it by the rufus the rotty who will not hesitate to see what you taste like. and if you can get past the dogs, which you have to do to get to the garage, you need to be able to get into my garage which has an alarm and is always locked up tight like fort knox when im not in there. sooooooooooooo, i feel safe enough.

Thorpe
12-17-2010, 04:10 PM
I am auctually not in Minneapolis, but Maple Grove...

swifty
12-17-2010, 04:52 PM
sabula iowa population 700 ish just ask for me at the local gas station im pretty famous around here! =)

ezmoney1979
12-18-2010, 05:35 AM
Saratoga, new yawk!!!! the turning point in the cross roads of this countries battle for independence! i know theres a few others around my general vicinity! im not worried about anything getting stolen from my place... i got a hell of a set of guard dogs... my beagle goes crazy when a friggin leaf falls off the tree, and if he doesnt hear you, you have to make it by the rufus the rotty who will not hesitate to see what you taste like. and if you can get past the dogs, which you have to do to get to the garage, you need to be able to get into my garage which has an alarm and is always locked up tight like fort knox when im not in there. sooooooooooooo, i feel safe enough.

Strangely enough, I have been to Saratoga. I had an opportunity to write/record some music there in 06'. Beautiful residential architecture there. Went to the big city also........ never again.

phantombiker
12-18-2010, 12:11 PM
i always look at where people are from. i think its neat how spread out we are. also, i like to know who's near me for help. case in point...i just bought my first trike and it needs some tlc. i dont know much bout 2 strokes at all, so i want to know who is near me so i can call for help. now if i can only find em....

TurboTacoma
12-18-2010, 12:16 PM
I gave a general location. If you want to know more a PM is cool with me! But have to agree with others... Better to be safe then sorry! I have some other nice things that I dont want leaving my property!

phantombiker
12-18-2010, 12:21 PM
good point turbo. i've been ganked myself...it sucks!!!

TurboTacoma
12-18-2010, 12:31 PM
good point turbo. i've been ganked myself...it sucks!!!

Same here! I enjoy getting to know good people, but have been a victim of having the wrong people show up too! The .45 laying on the tool box helps keep unwanted guests away... Let alone my room mate is a local P.D. And our work schedules are opposite of each others. So one of us are always home!

ratvespa
12-18-2010, 12:43 PM
Some of you are just scared that some one is going to come in the night and steal yer stash of TRAIL PRO's you hide under yer bed.

phantombiker
12-18-2010, 12:51 PM
Same here! I enjoy getting to know good people, but have been a victim of having the wrong people show up too! The .45 laying on the tool box helps keep unwanted guests away... Let alone my room mate is a local P.D. And our work schedules are opposite of each others. So one of us are always home!

DUDE...THATS KILLER!!! never a dull moment, huh?? you get all the good stories!!

and for the love of pete...will someone tell me why trail pro's are bad??? i dont get it...

fabiodriven
12-18-2010, 12:59 PM
will someone tell me why trail pro's are bad??? i dont get it...

They're great for traction in the snow. Just put one in the bed of your pickup and you're good to go. I wouldn't put one in anything under a 3/4 ton though.

phantombiker
12-18-2010, 01:02 PM
They're great for traction in the snow. Just put one in the bed of your pickup and you're good to go. I wouldn't put one in anything under a 3/4 ton though.

that was actually pretty funny, but didnt answer my question...lol

justin4
12-18-2010, 01:52 PM
justin4 is from vegas to my shop is very full so is my 9mm.I let people ride my bikes because maybe they dont have one or its broke and who wants to ride alone. there is a guy around the corner from me that turned me on to this fine place with all you crazy guys and those three wheeled things .We ride together whenever we can .So come bye if you want to ride if you want to steal i have somthing for that to .RIDE ON.

bigbadktm
12-18-2010, 02:04 PM
justin4 is from vegas to my shop is very full so is my 9mm.I let people ride my bikes because maybe they dont have one or its broke and who wants to ride alone. there is a guy around the corner from me that turned me on to this fine place with all you crazy guys and those three wheeled things .We ride together whenever we can .So come bye if you want to ride if you want to steal i have somthing for that to .RIDE ON.

you ever make the trip out to dumont? thats where my buddy from vegas goes to ride, it's a bit further for me though

justin4
12-18-2010, 02:09 PM
no i want to but i have to hook up with some other guys so i dont get lost

TurboTacoma
12-18-2010, 04:23 PM
DUDE...THATS KILLER!!! never a dull moment, huh?? you get all the good stories!!

and for the love of pete...will someone tell me why trail pro's are bad??? i dont get it...

Oh and I work for the U.S. Postal Service... So I could flip at any moment too! Oh I have some stories to tell, but it depends on what subject matter and hobbly you have in mind! Eitherway, I am open to pm's if anyone ever needs helps... etc!

TurboTacoma
12-18-2010, 04:25 PM

Priceless! You got something for everyone!