PDA

View Full Version : Tri Z help???

phantombiker
12-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Well fellas, it looks like i finally get to buy my first 3 wheeler!!!! It's a tri z 250 which runs, but it needs a kicker. Have to pop start it. No head light and plastics are kinda rough. Plastic missing over tank/airbox???? And a chunk missing off the rear. also needs a front tire. How much you ask???? 300 beans!!! sounds like a deal to me, considering it runs and drives. My question...if i need help with parts, working on it, or technical questions, would y'all help a bruthuh out??? Thanks for reading.

Mark
P.s. not sure of the year. maybe an 85.
P.s.s. i do accept charity and my b-day is next wednesday...lmao!!!:twisted:

dcreel
12-15-2010, 08:49 PM
What color are the plastics?

phantombiker
12-15-2010, 09:00 PM
The plastics are yellow.

phantombiker
12-15-2010, 09:56 PM
bump......

Bryan Raffa
12-15-2010, 10:05 PM
Well were not gonna let you starve to death... sounds like a 85 tri-z 38w you will notice on the motor. the 10th digit in the vin will be a F...$300 is a good deal .. but I'm shure needs Help.. start with the obvious first.. put it up on a stand check wheel bearings, axle, swing arm pivot.. chain, sprockets,, most over looked cables!,,,, does it have a stock throttle cable?

phantombiker
12-15-2010, 10:30 PM
Well were not gonna let you starve to death... sounds like a 85 tri-z 38w you will notice on the motor. the 10th digit in the vin will be a F...$300 is a good deal .. but I'm shure needs Help.. start with the obvious first.. put it up on a stand check wheel bearings, axle, swing arm pivot.. chain, sprockets,, most over looked cables!,,,, does it have a stock throttle cable?

Thx!!! Was getting hungry...lol To start, what is 38w? I just know how to drive them. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, but not enough to work on them. Never been thru a 2 stroke. checking bearings, no prob. 2nd, what will the 10th vin letter tell me?? It's gonna nickel and dime me, but i couldnt pass it up. Who do i ask for parts?? Also, you gonna have Raffa's ice fest again??? Love the after threads!!!

k00leo
12-15-2010, 10:53 PM
The best place to look for parts would be ebay and the classifieds section.

http://www.ebay.com/

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdisplay.php?14-ATV-Classifieds

I've bought quite a few from both.

Man, what a steal on the tri-z. i think my next trike might be a black and yellow tri-z.

how about some pictures?

phantombiker
12-15-2010, 11:08 PM
The best place to look for parts would be ebay and the classifieds section.

http://www.ebay.com/

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/forumdisplay.php?14-ATV-Classifieds

I've bought quite a few from both.

Man, what a steal on the tri-z. i think my next trike might be a black and yellow tri-z.

how about some pictures?

ebay...dont have a paypal thing. paranoid bout puting my numbers online. yea...im that guy...lol pictures...i dont have the bike yet. told the kid in a day or 2...weather pending. getting freezing rain right now, but i dont have a camera. i have to snap pics with phone and send them to fb and save to comp from there. even if i had a camera i wouldnt know how to load them to comp...lol

Bryan Raffa
12-15-2010, 11:09 PM
Thx!!! Was getting hungry...lol To start, what is 38w? I just know how to drive them. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined, but not enough to work on them. Never been thru a 2 stroke. checking bearings, no prob. 2nd, what will the 10th vin letter tell me?? It's gonna nickel and dime me, but i couldnt pass it up. Who do i ask for parts?? Also, you gonna have Raffa's ice fest again??? Love the after threads!!!

38w is the pefix on the bike..1RX is the 86 ect.. the 10 on the vin tells you the year "F" 85..... and hell yes Im haveing Raffa's ICEFEST!

phantombiker
12-15-2010, 11:36 PM
38w is the pefix on the bike..1RX is the 86 ect.. the 10 on the vin tells you the year "F" 85..... and hell yes Im haveing Raffa's ICEFEST!

i believe i shall name you "Mr Information"!!!! lmmfao!!! thx for the info...i had no clue bout the vin numbers. how froze is the lake now? do me a favor.....have a wheelie contest with vids for me...loved watching the vids of brapp riding 90 mph wheelies!!!!!!! that was really coll...lol how late can y'all ride w/o being harrassed??