PDA

View Full Version : 250es front tire?

Jason125m
12-13-2010, 01:14 AM
Hello, i was just wondering if any of you guys have any opinions of which tire has the best traction for steering on my 85 bigred 250es.? I do a ton of trail/mud riding/snow riding, i just need the best traction out of my front tire. I already have my rears picked out. 26" Bearclaws.
Thanks, Jason.

skypilot
12-13-2010, 01:37 AM
Just get a knobbie big red brother! I had a wooly booger on the front, hated it! Put on a knobby, light, didn't collect mud, steers good.

Chazz of Blades
12-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Seconded. I have a knobby on my 250es and it's wonderful. Your best traction needs are rear tires, but your front is best(in my opinion) with a knobby, due to ease of steering.

Jason125m
12-13-2010, 02:28 AM
I just wish the knobbys looked nicer =( I pretty much knew everyone would say knobbies, but i was hoping maybe a mudlight would pop up. Either way, thanks for the responses, anyone else had good experiences with something other than knobbies?

Chazz of Blades
12-13-2010, 03:01 AM
Not really. I rode a 200es with a mudlite on the front. Hated it, mess up the ride in my opinion. It's not as comfortable a ride of anything. But as I said if your really wanting traction put whatever you want on the back, and a knobby on the front. Your rear tires are where your gonna spin grip anyway.

Chazz of Blades
12-13-2010, 03:08 AM
Not really. I rode a 200es with a mudlite on the front. Hated it, mess up the ride in my opinion. It's not as comfortable a ride of anything. But as I said if your really wanting traction put whatever you want on the back, and a knobby on the front. Your rear tires are where your gonna spin grip anyway.

Jason125m
12-13-2010, 11:25 AM
guess i'll go buy a knobby next time im at my cottage

Thorpe
12-13-2010, 12:43 PM

Now, I gotta disagree... In the mud and trails, my Mudlite up front works awesome... I wouldnt put an ugly old knobby on anything... MondexBrute here on the forums is rocking a mudlight up front on his, and he would vouch for it as well!