PDA

View Full Version : 350x short track kit?

swampthang
12-12-2010, 01:38 PM
While doing some searching with no results I want to know did any company ever sell a short track kit for the 350x? How cool would that be to see a X with low profile fenders and a short track tank, lowered suspension,and all the goodies.:naughty:

Billy Golightly
12-12-2010, 01:43 PM
When I was flat track and TT Racing in the SFTL in 06-07 a friend of mine Walter ran a 350X. He is treeman69 here on the forums. He did very well with it and kicked my butt a few times. I don't think he did anything different about changing the amount of steering lock he had. I'm sure with some fab work its possible as I recall seeing 200X's and early model 250Rs with notches cut into the gas tanks for the forks to come back into.

xrider
12-12-2010, 02:18 PM
Missle Engineering used to sell Flat track and TT kits for the 350x. I have a complete one of their kits for the 350x in storage. I need to finish up a few other projects before I can begin that one. Their kits came with staggered hub conversions, adjustable rear strut, go kart style rear hubs and tires, right side nerf bar and a smaller front rim and tire. The kit I have came with a left nerf bar as well.

swampthang
12-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Found this posting on .org very sweet looking parts. Love to convert my one of my Xs over to a flat tracker! http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?t=35689

Vealmonkey
12-12-2010, 03:45 PM
I would love to do one of my Tigers like that! Imagine the 500 as a flat tracker with the missle kit!!!!!

swampthang
12-12-2010, 07:48 PM
Has anyone contacted the builder lately to see if any of these parts are still available? I know ive read that he still sales the 250r 2wheel conversion but what about the others? Im going to try and get ahold of them for more info. Anyone have the flat track conversions on there trikes?

Vealmonkey
12-12-2010, 07:51 PM
I know there is another member on here that has the parts. All the parts were sold seperately on ebay a while ago. The only part I ended up winning was the rear shock eliminator. I ended up sending that to the member on here so he had all the parts matching. I don't know if he ever built a trike with all those parts. I know I would if I had them.

xrider
12-12-2010, 08:32 PM
That is me Veal that has all the parts and thanks again for sending me the strut. I have a complete kit for a 200x and purchased a complete kit for a 350x about a month ago too. I have been collecting parts for the 200x build for about 9 months. I am trying to make it as period correct to the 80's as I can. So far for the build I have SRP Low Pro fenders, original Low Pro 200x bend bars, Skyway Exhaust, NOS Sunline Debruzer bar pad, Westcoast brake reservoir guard, NOS Tsubaki Chain, 28mm DG Keihin Carb and Intake kit, old school NOS Oakley grips with interchangeable rubber, and tons of old decals. I really just need a good frame, swingarm, tank, and fork assembly yet. The main hold up has been the swingarm, I haven't had any luck sourcing an aftermarket swingarm for this build and I can't bring myself to use a stock one. Once I find a swingarm I will start assembly and a build thread on here.

Vealmonkey
12-12-2010, 09:01 PM
Now you have a 350x Kit!!!!!! I think the 350x kit in trade for the strut would be fair. LOL Now how did you find the 350x kit??? When you gonna hook a fellow up with a kit? LOL As far as a swingarm, you could probably get Mike at HRE to build you a swing arm, but you are probably looking for period correct. If someone had one Mike could copy, I'm sure he would. You need a custom frame as well.
Now I have to go out and measure my go kart rear axle in the Tiger 500 and see what go kart hubs will fit and go buy some rear tires. Maybe have a new front hub made. I saw that they are using 2 different size front rims, but do you know the exact measurements and bolt pattern. And do you know if you can still get the rims? It's not like my Tiger will ever be original, so making it scrape the ground won't really take away any value. I don't have an original rear shock, so the strut wouldn't hurt either. We have fiberglass fenders now, so that won't be a problem. Just need to fab a couple Nerf type bars. You have to get me some details and hook me up with a kit.

xrider
12-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Finding the 350x kit was interesting. I went to pick up a 350x stock exhaust off of a guy who had one listed on craigslist. When I got there he told me that he still had his 350x racer from the 80's. I asked to see it and under a tarp in his barn was his 350x and next to it a complete Missle Engineering flat track kit for it. I couldn't get him to sell the 350x, it had some trick parts on it too. But it only took 200 bucks to buy the missle kit LOL. Not a bad haul for just planning on buying an exhaust and cheap too. It wasn't something I was looking for, but couldn't pass up on it once I found it. Yeah I am definitely looking for a period correct swingarm for the 200x, which is proving to be a lot more difficult than I was hoping. I think the tiger would be awesome set up like that. I'll grab you some dimensions on the two front rim setups when I'm at the garage next. Not sure whether or not the front rims are still available anymore. I'm going to hang on to the 350x kit for now as well, but if I do decide to sell it, you'll have first dibs Pat. That's the least I can do for getting the 200x strut from you.

Vealmonkey
12-13-2010, 01:41 AM
You know you're killing me, Right? LOL If you wouldn't mind digging me up some dimensions, that would be cool. My Tiger 500 already has a go kart rear axle, so I just need some go kart rear hubs. The shock eliminator shouldn't be too bad to do. That kind of leaves front rim set up and a nerf bar. I think the worst part is already done with the rear axle the way it is. Thank you Erectordale.