PDA

View Full Version : 1985 200x problem help!!!

xlover
12-09-2010, 12:23 AM
so i have a 1985 200x it runs good and evry thing works except the head light it was working and all of a suden it dimed down. i reved it up a little and it turned on after a minute or so it did it again and now it wont turn back on .it does turn on for a second when you first start it up and then dies down to about the brigtness of a fireflie .

Chazz of Blades
12-09-2010, 02:56 AM
Sounds like a wiring issue to me. First thing to do is make sure your getting good connections. I had a dune buggy that did something similar, and it ended up being the voltage regulator. Electrical issues are not my forte though.

jb2wheels
12-09-2010, 11:22 AM
Check these things:
bulb - either with ohm meter or replacement bulb - check both head and tail lights
switch - clean it - usually a good squirt of WD40 or your favorite
wires - follow the wires from the headlight to the connectors and check for broken wires, corroded connectors etc
light stator - another ohm meter check (use you manual)

The first gen 200x do not have voltage regulators - the light bulbs are the regulator. Sometimes, if the tail light bulb blows, the head light folllows, And the other way around, too.
When I put an LED tail on my 110 (similar system), I promptly blew my headlight.