PDA

View Full Version : 350x Fork Cap Technical Question

Vealmonkey
12-08-2010, 03:11 AM
On the 350x fork caps, can you just replace the schrader valve? It looks as if the schrader valve screws into the fork cap, but there is no part number for just the schrader valve. It also appears that the fork cap assembly is discontinued, of course. LOL And if you can just get the schrader valves themselves, would anyone know of a source for these schrader valves with the built in hex nut? Thanks for any info you can provide. I've been trying to find this info, but not having much luck.

Dirtcrasher
12-08-2010, 07:44 PM
Unless the OD threads are junk, the valve stem inside can be unscrewed just like a tire valve. You already knew that anyhow.

Otherwise, I'm still betting that valve can be threaded or pressed out and replaced. It's just that Honda won't separate it from the cap. I'll have to look at mine, I'm sure I could swap them with a different model. Somehow :lol: .............

Vealmonkey
12-08-2010, 10:23 PM
I don't know the thread size or pitch of where the schrader valve screws into the valve cap. I don't know if they are standard or metric. I've seen some similar looking schrader valve assemblies in my searching, but they had 1/8 NPT threads. I just picked up a NOS set of front forks that the seller says has a damaged schrader valve, but I couldn't see it from the pics. I was just trying to plan ahead in case I needed to replace something. Honda says the caps are discontinued, but in seeing the schrader cap has a hex type appendage, it should be unscrewable and replaceable, at least I would think so. So it follows there has to be a source for such things. I didn't know if other people on here had any experience with them or not. I don't have a set of caps that I can see if the schrader unscrews and what it is exactly until these new forks get here. I don't recall anyone on here selling nos fork caps for the 350x either. So, I've been trying to find some info, but not much luck since I'm slightly blind for all the exact measurements right now.