PDA

View Full Version : I got my new tire for the Tecate.

jeswinehart
12-06-2010, 09:32 PM
A FAT 22x11x10 Kendra front tire that I felt would perform well AND kinda sorta match up with the Hole Shot pattern of the rears on my "build" 85 Tecate.
Had to buy the pair to get one so i will use the other on my sping tecate build.
How in the wide world of sports (or WHY) did they get half of the tire inside of the other one is beyond me.
I have a set of tires with one of them being exactly half a tire inside the other,,,
I called my guy up town who mounts my tires and he said, yeah,,, you get them apart and he will mount one for me. Even he did NOT want anything to do with then ~ awe crap.
I have them warming on one of the many radiators in my house and I suppose I will wrestle with them first thing in the morning. Lovely, just freaking lovely. This is not gonna be a pretty sight first thing in the morning so I promiss, no pictures
I have bought tire sets before but they never done this to them. I have some ideas that involve chains and a truck + a telephone pole that will most likely result in severe damage to one tire,, any other ideas guys ?

fabiodriven
12-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Wow Johnny, that's a dilly of a pickle! Did you ask the seller how and why they did that? I would ask them how the hell you're supposed to get them apart. I'm gonna have to think about that one. I wonder if a bunch of soapy water would help?

dcreel
12-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Couldn't you just grab the tops of the two tires and pry them away from each other in an arc downward toward themselves?

nstyle73
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I bought a set of Kenda Bear Claws from Dennis Kirk and they came like that. They were 6 ply and I ended up with a couple long breaker bars and some soap, but the worst part was after I got them apart, trying to get the bead seated even after putting blocks in to spread the bead apart. They still aren't quite the shape they should be 3 years later on the trike.

HondaHarry
12-06-2010, 09:48 PM
Id suggest alot of soapy water too. Thats weird for sure. HH

jeswinehart
12-06-2010, 10:33 PM
hahaha, oh that is so dam funny Doug ! I am a 55 year old, slightly out of shape truck driver and you want me to DO what, grab then and rip them apart :)
Okay man, I am gonna head upstairs and hopefully catch a "how it's made, why it's made, chamber maid, whoops) ,,, best I can say there Doug is you are sending me off to bed laughing.
Rip EM apart like superman, perhaps in my dreams ROTF

MTS
12-06-2010, 10:58 PM
Iv done quite a few of them...Quickest way is with 2 people...Sit you but on the floor and go toe to toe..and pull...on the beads once they Pop out they will stay out....most of the time...can stick a 2x4 in there...and sit em over the register to get them to stay out...Always used a Bead Blaster/seat to set them..or a can of either, Ratchetsraps and Murphy s grease works too...Just more work

jeswinehart
12-07-2010, 07:40 AM
Well I got up early and started wrestling the tires. Putting them on the radiator helped alot and with the use of a couple of crow bars and liquid soap ended up getting them apart.
It wasn't very darn easy, made heck of a mess with the soap on the floor but got them apart.
I hope they saved lots of money on shipping !

john

Red Rider
12-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Next time, to make it easier to get the tires apart, just buy 1 tire at a time. :rolleyes:

jeswinehart
12-11-2010, 11:39 PM
Here is what it looks like all mounted up. Still has sevral pounds of air it to seat the beads.