PDA

View Full Version : Toughest carb clog ever..

drkilldrmz
12-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Hey there.. Just picked a very used YTM200 for 80 bucks. Ugly, but compression and spark are good. The carb needed to be cleaned from sitting with fuel. So.. Took it all apart and was able to clean everything EXCEPT..Under the float needle, took the float guide out and the passage that goes all the way to the fuel tank hose tube. Somewhere in that tube after the bend this thing is Plugged. To the point i cant get air or carb cleaner thru it. It;s the only thing stopping me from having it running. Is there a product or very tiny "snake" i could push in there that will clear that bend and route some of that crap out? It's been soaking for about a day now. I don't think there's a screen or anything in that small tube. Bread tie just bends..Cant get the angle from thru the needle side. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Macs
12-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I have often used paint thinner on really tough carbs. Also i have found for a tough passage clog a syringe works very well. Just keep sucking and blasting and it will work itself through. It seems that the change from suction to pressure is the key.

drkilldrmz
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
The way the clog is located is after the fuel inlet pipe bends towards the body..And from the Needle seat side, there is a small hole that leads to the inlet pipe again. Im thinking i need something small, flexible, and STRONG to ream it out. It's the angle im having trouble with..The Fuel tube looks moulded into the body.. That can't be removed can it?

mi500
12-06-2010, 12:05 PM
can you get the plastic bits off and boil it? should help you out.

drkilldrmz
12-08-2010, 11:51 AM
After trying everything from boiling, torch, reaming, i ended up cutting the tube just after the bend and drilling out the old varnish. Worked well surprisingly. Put it back together, and it started quicly on Fluid. Blew at least 5 years of mouse collection thru the pipe and all over the portable garage. So..Took the pipe off..Bolts weren't too rusty, and proceeded to coathanger, bang, compressed air, our the exhaust. it was stuffed so full of fabric, acorns and whatnot i could but believe it. Put exhaust back on, turned fuel petcock on run..AND...Nothing. No fuel to carb. Damnit. Off comes the tank, apart comes the nastiest looking clogged petcock i have ever seen. Again..Cleaner, air and a drill bit. Put it all back together again, Vroooom. Starts right up. So..I need 2 rear tires, and a new oil dipstick for it, and she will be mobile once more. I did ride it around a bit, but the tires are too poor to take it for a test. WIsh me luck...