PDA

View Full Version : More 200's!!!!

bugler30
12-05-2010, 04:00 AM
got up at 5am and drove the 3 hours to go get the bikes (and my new seat for my 350x). Surprise Surprise neither one is an 86... they are both 84s. got them anyway $400 for the both which in hind sight is more than I probably should have paid. The s had some 2nd gen 250r plastics hacked together on it and was missing the headlight and the switch was no good and the recoil starter didn't like to recoil. And we couldn't get it to fire but seemed to have good compression so we went ahead and got it.

the story with the x, besides being an 84 has been almost entirely rattle canned black. The guy says it was rebuilt with a large cam and .30 over bore/piston but when they were building it somehow a piece of ring fell into the crankcase and he's never had it apart to repair but has never ran it since the build. but it is was a complete bike with intact plastics and a fair tank (minus spray paint) and has a supertrapp exhaust on it so if all else fails we can sell parts.

After we got them home and broke my brothers rear window on his ranger with the grab bar of the S (oops). We decided that the S wasn't really worth doing much with being it didn't even have the correct plastics, mismatched tires that don't hold air and not much else going for it. So we decided to build an Auto X with another 200x that we picked up a few weeks ago, got it all swapped over and wired correctly (i think) but still not getting spark so will try some more tomorrow. the 200x we had, had garbage for plastics on it so I frankensteined the 250R Fenders with what was left of the 200x fenders and it actually came out pretty good. So we not have an engine and fenderless 200s rolling chassis.

Ordering a gasket set for the X we picked up today so we can thoroughly inspect and properly rebuild the engine cause I really have no idea other than what the guy told me. And given that he said the were both 86s, I don't assume anything is fact until I see it with my own eyes.

will get some pics posted tomorrow but for now I'm going to sleep, I've slept less than an hour since yesterday am (40 hours ish)