PDA

View Full Version : 200x Stainless Steel Bolt Kit

kasey200x
12-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Its only around thirty bucks, and says it comes with 52 peices. Anyone used these on there x? The things im concerned with is the bolt's stretching out. I'm not going to be using on pegs, or other high stress places. Just for the cases, and to replace all the little bolts. The reason i want one is the last time i put a motor together the bolt i was using for one of the long kick starter cover(the bolts that go all the way to center of the engine) was too short and stripped the thread out. So ive ordered a new set of case's, and i want to make sure it is done correctly.

Also, There socket allen bolts. Is this a big deal? I can get a socket allen for the torque wrench at wally world. I think it would look pretty cool too.
Thanks in advance.

Dirtcrasher
12-05-2010, 01:27 AM
Most of those kits aren't spot on. Honda may use 22mm long and they'll give you a 25. Or an OEM 28, you get 25mm. Sometimes too long strips them out or cracks the case and too short pulls the threads out.

I always match them up to the bolts that came out or most parts fiche's have the length with the part number.

They never fit the footpegs or suspension any way if it's a Honda hole; Honda uses 10mm x 1.25 and most kits come 10mm x 1.50 which is the metric norm, but not Honda's. It really screws allot of guys up whether they want to use them or not.

I've been using SS for years without a stretching issue; I put a dab of grease on them, chase the threads and they come out like butter in the future.........

harryredtrike
12-05-2010, 01:53 AM
if you do get them thats cool,nice upgrade.youll have to pay attention to the lengths of the bolts as stated above.SS will not streatch but break.SS is very hard and brittle.but for you cases it will be great.

kasey200x
12-05-2010, 02:52 AM
Sweet, thanks guys. I'll buy them tmrw!