PDA

View Full Version : please help with wiring 350X doul lights on a 250R

Aaron2003
09-26-2003, 01:41 AM
OK I cut the 4 wires that goto the old 250R head light there are 2 green 1 white & 1 blue on the 350X head light there are a set of 3 wires on each light 1 green 1 white 1 blue, ok so the 2 green wires that come from the bike must be a loop wire for power to the run\off switch and other stuff, so would i bring the 2 green wires to each green wire on the 350X headlight then blue to blue and white to white?????

thanks aaron

jeswinehart
09-26-2003, 04:55 AM
on the x wiring green is the ground (probbly the same on your "r" also)
blue is the high beam
white is the low beam

i hope somebody jumps in to tell us why you have 2 green (ground) wires. but anyway,,, the power is is shut of at the handlebar switch by not making the connection of either the blue or the white,,, those are the "hot" wires. the green is ground.

john

Howdy
09-26-2003, 09:02 AM
John is 100% right.
The ground is the green wires. Hook the wires up by color ( Green to green, Blue to blue, white to white.

You have 2 ground wires because you need a ground wire to each light. Just as you need a white and a blue going to each light. ;)
They had each light wired seperatly because the lights are mounted in a plastic shell. Plastic don't conduct electric.
I hope that helps.
Howdy