PDA

View Full Version : Wreck motor today in 85 r

pantera1975
11-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Well since I've had it its always kinda broke up after 3/4 throttle no matter which jet I run. Its got supposedly tt porting I had a 155 main in it and it 25 deg it had dark plug color with a plug chop and smoked a lot as it always has now it has no compression at all and was locked up for a few min. Later I seen the motor side of the card was not in all the way. For some reason its real tricky to get the carb in both rubbers on that bike. The guy in town here told me the piston to wall was prob to tight just by the way it always seemed sluggish. So make sure you cab is in tight.

bigbadktm
11-28-2010, 12:52 AM
i had an 83 that was real tight, was kinda slow for the type of bike it was, and would seize up and then after a few minutes would start back up. after the initial break in it ran fine, just wasnt the fastest bike

pantera1975
11-28-2010, 01:12 AM
On my 85 which has bad motor it has a 86 carb. I've swapped cabs, pipes and jetting up and down it was always a little slower than my stock machine with a FMF pipe. It just dont make sense why it always broke up after 3/4 throttle unless the TT porting was a real hack job.