PDA

View Full Version : 1985 Atc 110 Master Mechanics, Help Needed!!!

speed20
11-26-2010, 12:44 PM
ok heres the deal.... picked this 85 110 up for next to nothing, and it has no compression. I started dismantling the engine, took the 4 acorn nuts off of the head, removed the carb/manifold and exhaust, took the 10mm bolt for the cam chain tensioner off, removed the CDI unit as well as the camshaft.... My problem is the head (where the rocker arms/ valves are) moves about 1/2 inch and then STOPS.... i can see clearly between the head and the cylinder, but i cannot for the life of me get the head to go any further.... am i missing something here? Thanks in advance!!!
Brad

swifty
11-26-2010, 01:15 PM
ive had a lot of them build up white crud inside the head bolt spray some wd 40 down the studs and keep pushing back then pull forward hard by hand it will scrape off and the head will come off

speed20
11-26-2010, 02:50 PM
I sprayed it with some pb blaster before giving up on it for the night... i will have to go out in the garage later tonight and see if i can get that turd off.... the top of the head (where the motor mounts to frame) doesnt seperate from where the rocker arms are does it?

shortline10
11-26-2010, 04:13 PM
X2 . Seems the ones left out in the weather have this problem . Lube it up and pull it off LOL .

ive had a lot of them build up white crud inside the head bolt spray some wd 40 down the studs and keep pushing back then pull forward hard by hand it will scrape off and the head will come off