PDA

View Full Version : parts for Tri-Z build

scuba
11-26-2010, 10:37 AM
I recently bought a basket case for a Z project, and I am wondering about what upgrades or parts I need to start looking out for. I feel that all of the bike is there, but I am interested in cleaning her up a bit.

What can I do about the boost bottle on the intake? Can i replace it with a differant boot?

What about a top mount tank? Who makes them?

where can I find a set of white side covers?

I am sure I will have more questions along the way, but this will be my first Tri-Z build. I have been riding "red" for a long time and now I want to mount a Yammy...........

tri-Z ripper
11-26-2010, 03:08 PM
leave the boost bottle its for low end grunt. no top mount tank, only custom aluminum or tri-zinger tank cut into airbox. cosmicquads might still have some side covers if not just start searching and asking. replace the water pump with a new pinned impeller look it up. and keep it alive

tri-z987
11-26-2010, 03:53 PM
boost bottles are pretty much useless....i took it off one off my Z's, just took a pices of hose, slipped alil smaller hose inside that screwed a bolt inside that then hose clamped it down...or you could always buy a intake that dont have the boost bottle setup.

scuba
11-27-2010, 09:18 AM
leave the boost bottle its for low end grunt................. replace the water pump with a new pinned impeller look it up. and keep it alive

I never knew why this was on there, being a 4 stroker I will want to keep this ugly thing on here. I did look around for the pinned impeller, but no luck, any help would be appriciated.

zzmegad
11-27-2010, 06:56 PM
dc plastics sells some triz parts, in the picture they only show yellow but maybe they sell other colors

scuba
11-28-2010, 09:58 AM
cool deal ThanX I will ask about this .....