PDA

View Full Version : Power problem?

dream3wheeler
11-24-2010, 10:27 PM
Okay so i had a thread about this a couple months ago when i first got my 185s, i was wondering why there wasnt as much power as i thought there would be. recently i was looking at videos on youtube of people riding 185s's and theres could do donuts with no problem, wheelie with no problem and all that. mine feels like it just doesnt have the power. the people in the videos were even bigger than i am. the first thing that popped in my mind was that they were riding 185's with 200 top ends on them. otherwise mine needs some work. any ideas?

kasey200x
11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
How is the top end? Compression? What carb pipe set up do you got? Do a tune up. Check the cdi gapping, valve clearence, and make sure your clutch is working righte. Change oil, air filter, plug, and lube the chain up. Also, make sure your carb is tuned right.
If all that is good, the cheepest thing (After a pipe) with most reward's would be a higher comp top end. I would put a xr200 top end on it if i were you. From the cylinder and piston to the head and cam. You will see a GREAT difference.