PDA

View Full Version : Atc 125m 84 sub transmission tiny spring

Holster
11-24-2010, 01:29 AM
There is a tiny spring and ball bearing (just the one ball) that goes in the sub trans, it fits into the fork. Well of course I lost the spring, probably swept it up by mistake. I have the ball but no spring, what purpose does this ball and spring serve? I checked at the local honda shop (Australia) with the part #and theres none in the country. Do I really need this part lol and does anyone have a spare?

thanks for looking.

Pafrig
11-24-2010, 04:26 AM
that little spring loaded ball is what keeps the sub tranny in the selected posistion. without it, it is liable to shift randomly. you could problay solve the problem by throwing in any type of spring that size... maybe a pen spring cut short?

Holster
11-24-2010, 05:42 AM
O.k so gotta get a new one. So does the ball sit against the sub trans cover keeping tension on the spring?

I saw one on ebay for a atc 110, it is a completely different part #, I hope it does the job.

greenhuman
11-24-2010, 05:51 AM
The ball with the spring behind it slides along the fork shaft with the notches in it. The spring pushes the ball into one notch or the other depending on the hi or lo range selection.
Don't leave home without it!