PDA

View Full Version : Clutch questions on Yamaha

toolmaan
09-24-2003, 08:54 PM
I got my 81 Yamaha 125 tri moto running good but I can't get it to move If I am sitting on it. I pulled the side coveroff of the trans and found what appears to be a clutch assembly. It has about 10 discs inside of it. The alum. drum that these clutches fit into has one side broken off of it. I never found the broken pieces so someone must have been in this before. I ran the engine with the side cover off and it finally went into gear, I didn't drive it because I had the rear axle out of it. I put it back together and it still won't go with me on it. If I run beside it it will move. I think the clutch is sliping bad because of the broken drum. Does anyone know if that drum comes with new clutches? Are parts readily available for this model? Thanks a lot, in advance

YamaChuck
09-26-2003, 05:51 PM
Hey bud, I have the basket you need if you want it. I have two parts bikes and one of them I have the whole clutch assembly out of it right now.

toolmaan
09-26-2003, 08:10 PM
What would you want for that clutch assembly? E mail me at Toolmaan@hotmail.com Thanks

YamaChuck
09-27-2003, 10:55 AM
Have you tried adjusting the clutch yet? Just loosen the lock nuts on the clutch and turn the adjusting screw in until you feel some slight resistance. Keep the screw in that position and tighten the locknuts back up. Your done.

toolmaan
09-27-2003, 11:51 AM
I have tried adjusting the clutch but since that drum is broken I don 't think it will allow the clutch to hold right.