PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe it

HemiChallenger71
09-24-2003, 08:53 PM
Well today I raced a Raptor with my 250R. This Raptor doesn't have many hours on it, it's like new. The guy put some holeshot tires and new wheels all the way around on it, and put a 12 tooth front sprocket instead of a 13. So in other words it's geared down a lot but otherwise 100% stock, only 1 oil change so far, the next is due soon on it. I raced him on a grass drag approximatley 300ft. or so maybe longer. We were dead even. Each run depending who got a better start, that person won, but only by a bike length. We raced 4 times. 2 times I won 2 times he won. Next time we're going out on a dirt road to race and see how we fair there. But i'm really stoked that my 3 wheeler will take a stock raptor in accelration, top end I don't know though. He said before he geared it down he raced his buddies KFX 700 v-force and beat it (he didn't say by how much), and he also said that on the top end the v-force would just pass the raptor, but not by much. Weather he's right or not, I'm just glad I keep up with a Raptor. The mighty 250R prevails. .040 over, torque reeds, jetted (not very well either)

J.D.
09-25-2003, 01:00 AM
Ok something doesn't add up to me. You womp a Banshee, but your dead even with a Raptor????????????? Weird.

Lots_Of_Nothing
09-25-2003, 01:06 AM
yeah, that is wierd, but theres a million possibilties that could change the outcome.....i think that banshee must of been runnin like trailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, i do think a 250R will beat a banshee, but not by that much....as for a raptor, i have never really rode one of those, or seen one race, so i wouldnt know about that

smokinwrench
09-25-2003, 01:19 AM
I raced a Raptor a couple weekends ago on normal pasture ground. I had 18" turf tamers 13/39 gears and we had the exact same top end. We ran the same all the way through the race. On sand I can wax Banshees and Raptors all day. It takes alot of power to go through the sand.

By the way from what I have seen Banshees and Raptors seem to be about the same stock for stock. I say the Banshee might have just a little bit of an edge.

Josh

sandrooster
09-25-2003, 01:50 AM
I would replace the counter with the 13 and race him again on grass or dirt.

He'll be asking what engine mods did you do since the last race.

TimSr
09-25-2003, 09:03 AM
Ok something doesn't add up to me. You womp a Banshee, but your dead even with a Raptor????????????? Weird.

The Banshees have a terrible problem with wheelspin. Nothing out there would touch one if they could get their power to the ground.

Manny55
09-25-2003, 10:06 AM
Thats why the banshee is so good in the sand becuz of the wheel spin dont ya think.

HemiChallenger71
09-25-2003, 12:54 PM
I don't think the person knew how to ride that banshee and I also think it was pretty tired also. The banshee I raced also had a 2into1 pipe if the would have anything to do with anything. From the factory the raptors are supposedly faster than banshees, thats why I was happier after the raptor race. The guy on the Raptor knows how to ride too.

theeechozen1
09-25-2003, 02:05 PM
My best friends rap-turd has a 13 tooth counter, full yosh pipe and uni-filter, I can take him with a good launch on my R with the 12 tooth counter on mine and stay in front about a bike legth till I'm tapped out.

Wickedfinger
09-25-2003, 03:05 PM
... On my '90 LT250R (13 tooth c/s sprocket, Dyno-port pipe, the engine was professionally done by Rossini Racing - .20 over wiesco, match ported etc.), I was able to pretty much stay ahead of stock Banshee's until about 60mph, after that they would get me by a quad length or two - this was on straight gravel/loam. Piped Banshees I could stay pretty much even with but would get beat by a bigger margin at the top. As far as stock Raptors go, I was always able to stay ahead of them until max out. Piped Raptors would start to gain on me at the top but I would be far out enough to stay ahead. Alot of it has to do with who has the best traction and clutch hand - I'm no Ronnie Sox at shifting, but I'm pretty good. (10 bonus points to anyone who knows who that is).

HemiChallenger71
09-25-2003, 09:14 PM
10 points to me, sox and martin race team. The raced mostly mopars (or all mopars?) in the 60's and 70's, and to day I think they may still even race. If I'm not mistaken one of them died, but I am unsure.

TimSr
09-25-2003, 10:33 PM
Thats why the banshee is so good in the sand becuz of the wheel spin dont ya think.

Absolutely.
Most mods dont do anything for a Banshee's drag ability because they are already fishtailing wildly as the driver shifts through the gears, and all youll get from engine mods is more fishtailing and spinning. In the sand, everything spins so the more of it you can move, the faster you pick up speed. Two strokes really shine in the sand, and the Banshee's most impressive qualities can actually be put to use.

Wickedfinger
09-25-2003, 11:49 PM
Ding, ding ding, we have a winner ......