PDA

View Full Version : Supertrappexhaust parts used on 2 stroke?

pantera1975
11-20-2010, 01:18 PM
I got all my pipe, carb and silencer for my 310 pv from ESR and they made me a S/A silencer 3 inches longer than normal. I just slipped it on my stock 250r with a PSI pipe and its definitely quieter than the FMF turbine core but still pretty loud. In WI there's no good job for trying its a ticked if over 96db. I'm gonna pick up a DB tester from radio shack later today and play around with it. I was looking at the super trapp disk set up in 3" and trying that. Along time ago my buddy bought a 250r that had a Richter privateer and it came with a slip on disk set up that made it real quiet. http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/product_catalog/Product.jsp?skuId=&store=&catId=&productId=p25992&leafCatId=&mmyId= This is the disks and there is open and closed end covers I think the 3 inch could be used on my ESR silencer. CT uses these on the 4 stroke stuff. I realize there will be power loss making a 2 stroke quiet but I'm not in competition with any one just want to be legal when riding the trails. By the way this ESR silencer I got is well worth the money compared to the FMF and other mass produced units. It is all billet parts and looks great and on my FMF all the nutserts for fastening in the end caps all spin and in a pain to repack now.

fabiodriven
11-20-2010, 01:48 PM
I'd be very curious to see if a Supertrapp would work with a two stroke. Can't say I've ever seen that before.

Dirtcrasher
11-20-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm no expert, but if you have a 2 stroke expansion chamber then the silencer shouldn't mean a whole hell of allot.

I could be completely wrong but many thumper silencers (look at a DG or Cobra, they are wide open) and are very free flowing just like a 2 stroke silencer, similar to a Supertrapp with discs that can be adjusted.

pantera1975
11-20-2010, 02:27 PM
type in db snorkel it looks like hell but it would work. I thought to just use the disks on my ESR silencer. But a 4 stroke one would work just alot of fabricating and have to have the inlet pipe chromed.

4cfed
11-20-2010, 05:36 PM
if your running a fully packed silencer, and have a spark arrestor.. the dnr will not hassle you!! i live about 20 miles from you, spend every weekend on the river and lake in the winter and the dnr dont even look at the 2 strokes, and very very very few 4 strokes get hassled about loud exhaust,.. ran my 84 200x with a well used dg rcm last winter and a 82 R with a older fmf half packed and never once got looked at!
ill be running my 86 200x with a cobra 'slip on' this winter.. unless i find a R to trade the x off for

pantera1975
11-20-2010, 07:41 PM
if your running a fully packed silencer, and have a spark arrestor.. the dnr will not hassle you!! i live about 20 miles from you, spend every weekend on the river and lake in the winter and the dnr dont even look at the 2 strokes, and very very very few 4 strokes get hassled about loud exhaust,.. ran my 84 200x with a well used dg rcm last winter and a 82 R with a older fmf half packed and never once got looked at!
ill be running my 86 200x with a cobra 'slip on' this winter.. unless i find a R to trade the x off for

My bro in law and I went up to the Gillett, Laona, and antigo area I think 7-8 times from memorial day weekend thru the end of September. We saw sheriff 2 x in oconto county 1 he made sure we were registered and the other we rode by them and on labor day weekend we were on a paved road for about 2 miles going 25mph and the the warden again in oconto co. forest signaled me to stop and wanted to look at my exhaust because it sounded weird. I was riding 25 mph 3rd gear like 1/8 throttle. I had no chance in hell. First he told me it was illegal to alter a exhaust system and and I said no its not if its not too loud and that I can get a ticket for altering it til I told him that I could alter it as long as it passes. Then his thing was if its too loud I'm ticketing you. It did matter and its easy money for them plus the fine is at the point where its not worth it to miss work and drive 2 hr the oconto DA said they would drop any fine the dnr gives unless its pretty much alcohol related cuz of the fact people from down south bring all the revenue up there and the DNR is driving it out. Locals will never get a fine. I wish there was somthing people could do to have some of the DNR's laws rewritten. Just watch it the FDL county warden told me he always stops three wheelers and older looking quads cuz there old and everyone alters them its easy money and you cant get out of it.

4cfed
11-20-2010, 08:20 PM
hmmmm.. iv never seen a trike stopped on the lakes or rivers when im out riding, seen a few sleds but mostly because they dont slow down when with in100 feet of a shanty or people... the oconto warden stoped you cos your exhaust sounded wierd?? lofl!! he must have forgot what a 2 stroke machine sounds like!
my only thought against fightin gettin a ticket.. maybe put a stock silencer on it when you go ride on trails where you know the dnr will hassle you for loud exhaust?? than throw the aftermarket one back on when riding where you know you wont get any greif??
my old blaster ( yes blasters kinda suck but there fun and are like atrike with a extra wheel) i had a lrd pipe on it and i shortened the lrd silencer 2 inches, it was loud, so i used that one for private property riding, than i had a fmf turbinecore2 for public land

pantera1975
11-20-2010, 08:30 PM
Like I said its easy money for them. I don't know if the stock silencer will work either a 310 or 350 ESR big bore kit I have the 310 and not used it yet but when I have the bottom end of my motor redone I mite boot the $400 more to have the 330 power valve. I did get a new ESR silencer and I mite put it for sale I paid $180 for it and had it made 3 inches longer than stock it could be shortened. Ill have them make me one 5" longer than there normal atc 250R muffler it will only be past the rear fender 2" I got a DB meter today I don't remember if they use the A or c mode.

4cfed
11-20-2010, 08:35 PM
some of them db meters are bogus, a buddy had one and it tried tellin me my 2.5 inch exhaust on a 4 banger mustang was 171 db

audioworks04
11-21-2010, 10:38 PM
Id look into the q series from fmf, dont think they make it for the atc, but Thats what i run on my trx and its pretty quiet. Would take some fab work to make it work, but not a whole lot.

4cfed
11-21-2010, 10:43 PM
2 strokes done drone like a4 stroke do, so i dont really see it being a problem with a approve spark arrestor