PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Tri-z Build **NEW PICS 2/11/2015**

dmotoxrider
11-17-2010, 11:33 PM
Here are some pics of this bad boy! I've been wanting to do something like this for a long time and it's finally going to come together. About a year ago I started talking to Jason Hall about building this bike. He and derrick had done some research about using the yfz 450 rear end on the tri-z so we decided to try it out on mine. My original intentions were just to get some inverts on the tri-z and look where we're at now. The shock, swingarm and everything else is going to be compiled of yfz 450 parts. The rear fender will be the same one derrick had on his 450. Cr125 forks will be on the front with the 250r front fender, tire and rim. I have a bunch of parts for this already and only a few more to get. I'll have to take pics of the other parts later. I will be running some of ronnie's, sprocks and hagens parts. I'm just waiting on my big bore to get here and the engine will have the pvl ignition on it also. I'm sure jason will chime in here and give some technical advice about how he is making everything fit together. I have to get to bed and hopefully i'll get some sleep tonite!

Chris

Bryan Raffa
11-17-2010, 11:49 PM
its been a wile since I seen a good build.. waiting on a big bore huh? what are you going to do for a tank.. if your running that shock?

HondaRidr
11-18-2010, 03:07 AM
Sweet. Gonna keep my eye on this build.

Eric250R
11-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Looks like it's going to be an awesome build. Not sure about those risers thou with the already tall nosed stance of the Z. Good luck with it!!

Jason Hall
11-18-2010, 01:21 PM
Eric the front forks have Lots of sag, as does the rear of the yfz suspension. Chris will be running a 21" front tire on this bike Instead of the tall stocker. When It Is done the ride height under the frame will be slightly higher, but Very close to a stock Z. The gain In travel and better turning will be Well worth It. The Z frame along with updated rear suspension Is Perfect for using all the front and rear suspension without the frame contacting the ground :D I'm very excited to get this thing done as It will be one sweet ride!

Raffa - I will build an aluminum tank In place of the original airbox. We are working on locating a carb boot as we speak to run the Intake around the shock.

Eric250R
11-18-2010, 01:25 PM
That's awesome man, you are truly an amazing builder. And I"m also jealous of all these incredible builds lately...... one day.....

dmotoxrider
11-18-2010, 01:45 PM
Yeah jason is an awesome and intelligent builder for sure! We usually talk on the phone for a while and go through different ideas. The only difference about that shock is the motowoz one has a remote reservoir. I know he has told me that derrick and him have talked about this idea for a while. I wanted to go with the houser clamp with the bushings so it would suck up some of the vibrations.

dmotoxrider
11-18-2010, 01:47 PM
raffa- I had my big bore paid for a while ago and I'm just waiting for it to get here. I talked to Erik and Corey the other day so hopefully I'll be getting it soon.

Derrick Adams
11-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Looking great just like planned. I'm sure your drooling over the pics every day. Wait till you ride it!

Rest assured we have all the suspension challenges tackled now. Nothing like a long travel Tri-Z.

dmotoxrider
11-20-2010, 01:50 AM
I couldn't stop staring at the pics when I got them. It should handle awesome and that motowoz rear shock should seal the deal. Maybe i'll be able to meet up with you when I head up there to get it.

Mosh
11-20-2010, 10:08 AM
It looks like you guys pulled the rake back a smidge in the inverts?
Is that correct?

And also if I may make suggestion before final frame work is done...You might want to gusset the front frame tubes where they come up and meet the main down tube.
They will crack there. I pitched a few Z frames that were cracked there just in front of the rads.

Man this thing is gonna be awesome.

dmotoxrider
11-22-2010, 01:50 PM
Mosh- I'm pretty sure Jason is going to Gusset the crap out of it but thanks for the heads up. I'm looking for a nice seat to send up your way and as soon as I come across it i'll be getting in touch with you. I'm sure it will make the bike look even better!

tri-Z ripper
11-22-2010, 02:38 PM
Love seeing the Tri-Z builds! keep up the nice work guys!

dmotoxrider
01-06-2011, 01:14 AM
Hope everyone had a good new years. We went to visit family in Chicago and I was able to stop by Jason's house to snap a few pictures. I should of taken some more but pictures don't do this thing justice. I'm glad I got to see it in person this time. Here's a pic of the forks i'll be using with the houser anti-vibe oversized clamp. The clamp is just sitting on there and the bushings aren't installed yet. The other pic shows the new upper shock mount and that is the shock i'll be running.

dmotoxrider
01-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Here is the last two pics I have. As you can tell Jason has been busy because he definitely has his work cut out with this one. He does some amazing work though! The swingarm had to be shaved down some to fit properly and the engine has been shifted to the left a little so the chain is aligned properly. We had to use the yz125 carb boot to kick the carb to the side or there would of been no way to get a boot from the carb to the airbox. The tecate 4 airbox boot wraps right around the shock like it was made for it. The bike is supporting itself in the picture and the crate is just sitting there. You can see the lower mounts for the removable subframe. The top hasn't been done yet. Hope you guys enjoy the pics and i'm getting more and more anxious to ride this thing. I better get to bed and get some sleep.

Chris

stubble_jumper
01-06-2011, 03:13 AM
Awesome build! Very Innovative. I'm looking forward to some more pictures and info on the build. Good work so far.

dmotoxrider
02-12-2015, 12:10 AM
Well I was able to pick up my Tri-z from Jason this Christmas. He did a great job building this bike and I have some finishing touches to do to it before I tear it down for powder coating and some anodizing. I just mailed off my seat to Tammy so she can do the foam and seat cover. I'm trying to get everything done by my birthday which is in August. Jason still has my engine and he is finishing up with the porting since the crank was stroked by crankworks.

21020921021021021121021221021321021421021521021621 0217210218210220210223210224210225210226210227

torker
02-13-2015, 10:02 PM
Tunned in for this one. Amazing work.
Enjoy it.

TORKER.

Dave8338
02-13-2015, 10:10 PM
OK... you have my attention, too... :cool:

dmotoxrider
02-13-2015, 11:51 PM
Does anyone know of a company that does anodizing at a decent price?

dmotoxrider
02-22-2015, 11:49 PM
I got my engine back from Jason Hall a couple days ago. Everything looks great and as you can see he made some changes to the cylinder. All the porting was done to match the 4mm stroker crank and the removable exhaust flange. This thing is going to be sweet! The 250r fender also came in and the houser bar clamp is mocked up.

El Camexican
02-22-2015, 11:52 PM
Does anyone know of a company that does anodizing at a decent price?

Ricochet off-Road

El Camexican
02-22-2015, 11:57 PM
What's the reasoning behind the exhaust spigot? Does it offer an advantage over an o-ringed stocker? Did they weld your cylinder on the right side where the boost port is?

dmotoxrider
02-23-2015, 11:14 PM
I'll try to get in touch with those guys about the anodizing. I always liked the design of the 250r cylinder so that's why I went with it. I'll have to look at the cylinder to see if it was welded.

onformula1
02-24-2015, 12:57 AM
Ricochet off-Road

They anodize parts you send them? I didn't see anything about that on there website.

El Camexican
02-24-2015, 07:27 AM
They anodize parts you send them? I didn't see anything about that on there website.

They offer the service through a third party on the parts they make for a small price . I called them up and they did my Cool Head for cheap. No price like a bulk price:cool:

dmotoxrider
02-25-2015, 12:16 AM

Well after being stuck in traffic for four hours I came home to some parts on the porch. I got the UNI airfilter, blingstar pro block for the rear brake rotor guard and the 38mm keihin airstryker carb. ESR threw in a jet wrench with spare jets and I had them machine down the airbox boot side so it will fit the tecate 4 boot better.

When I get ready to anodize parts i'll definitely get ahold of them if they are decent with their prices.