PDA

View Full Version : fuel in airbox, 87 200x help please!

obijuan
11-16-2010, 06:04 PM
i am stumped, and frustrated. im trying to break in some rings but it wont even run well.

i have an 87 200x with a fresh top end profesionally done in typical noob fashion.
i put everything back together and it runs for alittle bit and fouls a plug out with fuel. its obviously rich and black soot on the plug.

at low idle it will backfire into the airbox a little (every 3 seconds or so) but at higher idle it runs smooth.

i can get it to run with a new plug for less than five minutes and it starts first kick on the new plug. i am unsure how to adjust fuel mixture but i have been trying to not have the petcock on fully open. didnt seem to help.

on the carb it seems to have fuel coming out of the vent and the bottom hose, overflow?

idle screw is about half way ish, cant seem to get it wrm enough to set the idle screw right. and the throttle has just a little free movement in it like the manual suggests.

im at a loss, can yall please help? thanks!:wondering

Texaskev
11-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Hey Matt, Your float is sticking open. Take the carb off, ftake the bowl off, and take the float out. Pull the needle and seat out and clean it. Probably a little junk in it or some varnish. After that, put it back together, screw the mixture screw all the way in, and back it out 2 turns to start with. I'll help you when you get here. No worries, I have carb parts if needed.

obijuan
11-16-2010, 06:48 PM
thank god! lol well i just rode it for 15 minutes and no fuel in the air box now, didnt change a thing. but ive developed an oil leak at the case. we got work to do kevin hahah!

Texaskev
11-16-2010, 06:49 PM
I'll call you a little later....