PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!!!!!

K5ride
09-24-2003, 12:27 AM
Like a trailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailprotrailpro, I pulled the head of my KLT 200C2 and didn't keep track of the timing for the valves. How do u set the timing?

Howdy
09-24-2003, 10:36 AM
Point the lobes of the cam towards the crank. Put the piston all the way towards the top ( Top Dead Center ). Install the cam chain and sprockets. Activate or install the cam chain tensioner. Put the covers on and your done. ;)
Howdy

K5ride
09-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Thanks Howdy! At least one of us knows what where doin' :D

Howdy
09-24-2003, 06:48 PM
Thanks Howdy! At least one of us knows what where doin' :D

That must be you. lol Keep us posted on how the machine runs when together. ;)
Howdy

K5ride
09-24-2003, 11:46 PM
It did 50+ MPH before. The only thing wrong with it was the CDI box. I let my freind use it on his KLT 250 to see if that's what was wrong with his. It was, that and the sorry wiring on it that fried my box. I got a CDI box, wire harness and ignition switch from user Honda. Since I am going to replace my old wiring, I striped it down to the bare frame, and painted it black. Since I had the engine out I wanted check the cylinder wall for scratchs. It's kinda weird, when the piston is at BTC, and u run trailprotrailpro fingernail on the side of the wall about half way up, u can feel a high spot around the wall ever so slightly. It's not bad, there are no scratchs just that high spot. The piston is still tight in the hole so the rings are not wore out. What do u think caused it Howdy? By the way, is 50+ pretty good for a 198cc engine with a guy my size on it? ( I'm 6'2" 265lbs ) Thankz.

Howdy
09-25-2003, 08:04 AM
If the little ring is at the top of the cylinder it is most likely normal build up. Almost in not all cylinders get that.

Doing 50 on it is good. I was thinking they only did 45-48 mph. lol
Howdy