PDA

View Full Version : Sunk the X :mad:

three_wheelin45
11-11-2010, 08:50 PM
So today after all the good raining for 3 days I decide to cross this flooded ditch. my freind told me "hey man I dont think you can make that its deep", and of course crazy me says "dont be a whimp BraaP Braaaaap SPOSH" I landed right in the water on my front tire and flipped over the bars, and faceplanted the water and my bike was on its side floating. So I got home and took the airfilter off and drained all the oil(it was milky as hell). So should I be good to go after I run clean oil threw it?? please help

swampthang
11-11-2010, 08:57 PM
Make sure theres no water in the cylinder,carb,exhaust pipe and your good to go. Dont be surprised if your oil is milky for a few more oil changes,it takes awhile to get all the moisture out.

three_wheelin45
11-11-2010, 09:13 PM
Allright well I drove it home about 2 miles so hopefully it's okay

Xpress
11-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Run some of that oil flush fluid through it too before you run it again. Might need to give it a good shake before you drain it again.

hang&rattle
11-11-2010, 10:01 PM
We were riding on the sand bar of a lake and I look back and seen my son dog-paddling three bobbing tires, lol. He went a little to far from shore on his 200x and found a drop off. I changed the oil 4 times before we took it out of the garage. New filter and plug. For the carb I turned on the gas and opened the bleeder. Then dumped in some gas treatment. Took a few hours and I was concerned as you are, but it's been a couple of months and I can say its fine. Oh, oil the chain, and we re-greased some stuff, but don't think it really needed it.