PDA

View Full Version : Paul Turner pipe on my 1984 250r

jlharrison3
11-07-2010, 09:38 PM
I have been thinking on this for some time now and i did it today. I took a 1985 water cooled Paul Turner pipe that a friend had given me and modified it to fit my air cooled trike. It really wasn't much to it. I made three cuts with a wafer disc on my 4" ginder, then starting from the head i put the pieces together and tack welded each of them, then removed the pipe from the trike and welded it out on a bench. This was worth the time and effort !!!It sounds awesome and it feels like i bolted in a new motor..I was worried that it wouldn't perform as well as the dg i removed bc the pt pipe is much bigger (fatter) and i didnt really know what type of pipe it was, rev, or mid range. I may have just gotten lucky but it runs great and it has the sound of a water cooled trike with a fmf fatty pipe. I'll get some pics up tomorrow and if anyone wants to modify a pipe for their R i would be glad to help any way that i can.

Yamaha_Rules69
11-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Sweet deal man. You are the first that I know that got a PT pipe on an air fooler. Good job!

ceaserthethird
11-08-2010, 04:25 PM
Take a Video clip and post up .