PDA

View Full Version : 1986 honda 200x need help

RDH/86200X
11-07-2010, 08:06 PM
so to day i was riding my trike and i think i have a problem. so this is what happened i was in third gear pulled in the clutch with the brakes on went into second and then my motor started making a metalic clanking noise and the motor died after that it started right up and drove fine with no noise but i didnt leave first gear on the way back to my house and parked it. so what im asking is does anybody have any ideas what this could be im not sure if the noise came from the top or bottom end any help would be greatly appreciated

Dirtcrasher
11-07-2010, 08:15 PM
It's nearly impossible to diagnose just by description. Something broke, came loose or wore out.

I'd pull the plug and get a friend to spin the rear tires while you listen. Put the big end of a screwdriver to your ear and the small end on the valve train and lower end.

Simply pulling the clutch cover may show you whats up but not much fails in there besides the "gearshift plate", so if it shifts fine I'd think mains or connecting rod bearing. Could have even broke the piston. The oil pump chain can break or fall off if the guide plate isn't next to it, who knows.

You can also pull the flywheel cover and see if there is any crank movement side to side or up and down; And rotate it back and forth to see if the big end rod bearing seems sloppy......

If you take it apart, the right side crank nut is LH thread. Please do not strip that and follow a downloadable manual.

Send it here, I'll fix it :D I know that motor very well. :beer