PDA

View Full Version : I tip my hat to honda

Pafrig
11-07-2010, 12:48 AM
so a few months back, I got a wrecked 125m from a dude for 50 bones. I ended up building it into a gokart frame that i finaly finished today. as I was riding it around my neighbor hood, i didnt have that much power, but didnt notice because of all the tire spin on icy roads. after an hour or two of runtime, i went to adjust the ignition timing, and the entire rotor wobled back and forth about a quarter inch! so i broke down the engine and the cam journals are ovaled out an eight inch! Eventualy, i tore down the entire thing and saw that it only had one compression ring (of the wrong size) in a partialy melted piston. I cant belive that i was able to drive like that!

goump1995
11-07-2010, 01:05 AM
That's an amazing story man, These Honda's sure can take a beatn'.

Mr_RPM
11-07-2010, 10:10 AM
back in the day when my dad was young and in highschool they had bought a brand new 1984 atc110. at some point his 14 year old brother filled the tank with kerosene (thinking it was gas) and the dang thing still ran. they ran it like that till my grandpa was looking from the kerosene and asked where it went and said it was in the blue tank. They then realized what happend
I was told it ran bad, but it still ran. Im sure it was a mix with whatever gas it had in it before.
gotta love honda =)

Pafrig
11-07-2010, 02:07 PM
..so anyone want to sell me a laydown honda engine?? heh heh

Xpress
11-07-2010, 02:13 PM
That's awesome. Honda engines take a lickin, and keep on tickin :D