PDA

View Full Version : 200x Forum

kasey200x
11-06-2010, 01:19 PM
Register and post some pics. Want to get the board going. If you are a admin over here then send me a message and i'll get you to be one.
www.honda200x.freeforums.org

kasey200x
11-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Got some more, but still not enough! C'mon guys. Register!

Mr_RPM
11-06-2010, 08:34 PM
why does everyone feel the need to make more 3 wheeler sites? I Can only handle this one and I know 3wheeler.org is big too. (no time or want to check it out) I don't feel like we need to be split up even more. just my $.02

I feel like 3ww offers everything we could ever ask for

is it just me?

dcreel
11-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Why not start a 200X group under the Groups section?

kasey200x
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
I understand what your saying, but there is alot of people with a only a 200x and there is alot of stuff to go through on these sites. It would be more simple to just have one for your bike where you KNOW people are there to help you on YOUR model. If you don't have a 200x, there would be no point in making an account. If you do, then the site will be directed at the stuff that intrest's YOU.

Mr_RPM
11-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I don't own a 200x but Im sure I could answer alot of questions about a 200x. probably more then some 200x owners out there.
and dcreel, exactly. but how do you do that? every time I try to make a group is says I dont have permission

kasey200x
11-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Maybe you could, but i'm sure you are not the only one. And i'm sure sooner or later, there will be someone on the site who can. Like i said, if it does not pertain to you than it just doesnt. No reason for other's not to have that option.

dcreel
11-06-2010, 08:53 PM
I assure you I'm not stepping on your toes at all. I've often thought about doing the same thing for Tecate's. But, I've done the same thing by starting a group here in the group section without all of the headaches.

kasey200x
11-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Well i undertand what you guy's are saying. It being easier and all, But it give me something to do with my time. It has only taken me a coulpe of hour's to get the site going and ready for post's.

Xpress
11-07-2010, 12:09 AM
There is also a 200X thread. I did join, because I thought I would help out the cause. Seen too many sites go downhill because people refuse to join them, or just don't know about them.

http://www.3wheelerworld.com/showthread.php?115875-200X-Owners-club!

jeopardy98
11-07-2010, 12:34 AM
Does this have anything to do with the 200x owners club thread being closed now? Seems very sad to have that thread closed so people will go here if that is in fact the case.

RapidRick
11-07-2010, 10:03 AM
I agree with dcreel. All that is needed is a sub forum here. Sure, this site would have 200x threads all over the place, but it's a beginning. Even on the sites which cater to one specific trike, all trikes are still discussed.

Billy and Dammit how about some discussion here?

kasey200x
11-07-2010, 11:54 AM
Of course, anything can be talked about in the lounge and if we can help, we can help.
This wasn't a thread to start a debate. I really do not appriciate you trying to hijack my thread to start a "discussion"
This was mearly a way to let those WHO WOULD LIKE to be on a site that is for just them, that it is there. like I said to many times before, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT USE IT. It is not that complicated.

scooterroo
11-07-2010, 01:07 PM
now dont go getting your panties in a knot, you posted a thread on here, promoting another forum that you want to start. you are opening it up for debate weither or not that was your intention of starting the thread. people are going to voice their opinions like it or not. and to ad to the opinions of the others on here, i think dcreel has you answer. start a 200x group. it will have everything you want except the notority of starting a forum. people who are 200x enthusiasts and owners will join it, and share only information about the 200x among others with like interest. but you will also have access to much more information because of this website, 3ww, with all the archived threads and technical info. so if someone in your group doesnt have the answer your looking for you can always click on the main forum to find it or ask questions. 3ww has just about all the info and question answering ability i need, along with some very cool members. i for one wont be using it, lame-o!!

RapidRick
11-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Of course, anything can be talked about in the lounge and if we can help, we can help.
This wasn't a thread to start a debate. I really do not appriciate you trying to hijack my thread to start a "discussion"
This was mearly a way to let those WHO WOULD LIKE to be on a site that is for just them, that it is there. like I said to many times before, IF YOU DONT LIKE IT DONT USE IT. It is not that complicated.

Not trying to hijack your thread, I could really care less about your thread. Actually I think a subforum would be a great idea for this site.

I currently own 4 200X and I like to see what other members are working on.

Oh, and btw good luck with your site. I tend to migrate to sites that have useful information. Your's is a little thin right now and that's understandable. I think your undertaking the task is admirable and I hope many 200X members of the various sites will take your invitation for membership. Again, and a sincere Good Luck

The reason I asked Billy and Dammit to respond is that I believe it is the choice of the owner of the site and the mods as to what happens. I'm sure it's currently being discussed in the Mod Lounge.

Additionally Jeopardy98's comment about the 200x owners thread being closed denotes some additional comments from the Mods. Again, I was noting the need for some clarification from the Mods.

And to close, yes, sometimes a search brings up lots of treads and most of the time I find that I've forgotten most of the information I though I knew. I agree sometimes it's frustrating but it can be fun, or maybe I'm just getting old.

Dirtcrasher
11-07-2010, 01:46 PM
I don't think we need a subforum for a 200X.

Where is it gonna end ATC70, 125M, 200S, 200ES, 250SX, 350X, 225, zinger?

Thats what this forum is for, any trike model made. If you don't get an answer, post up the question again.

dcreel
11-07-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't think we need a subforum for a 200X.

Where is it gonna end ATC70, 125M, 200S, 200ES, 250SX, 350X, 225, zinger?

Thats what this forum is for, any trike model made. If you don't get an answer, post up the question again.

Honestly, I think the Groups subforum for different makes and models is a great idea. The Tecate Group has turned out to be very successful in bringing Tecate fans together to discuss Tecate related information, parts, and services. Do I think that a new 200x owner having 1 place to go to ask other 200x owners a question, or look up 200x information is a bad idea? Of course not, it could keep a lot of the drivel out of the main section of the forum. The Groups section was an awesome addition to the site.

Billy Golightly
11-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Xpress PMed me. None of the mods closed his thread. It looks like he had checked the "lock after replying" button when he made a post. Doug opened it back up.

I'm not a real fan of more sub-forums to be honest. I think the groups is a great alternative option to build a tight knit consortium of people that know a particular machine very well. http://www.3wheelerworld.com/group.php The Tecate group has right at a 100 members, and the Yamaha group has over a 130. I do have some limitations set on who can start a group. You need to have been a member for at least 3 years and have 1,000 posts (This is mainly so I don't have people just randomly creating stuff, if you've been around that long and that active you've probably got pretty good judgment). If someone wanted to start a machine specific group and they didn't meet that criteria, they can feel free to PM me and I will hook them up.

Dirtcrasher
11-07-2010, 06:35 PM
Group forum, yes. Sub forum, no..............

Dammit!
11-07-2010, 07:41 PM
Group added. Click on the groups button and you'll see it. And yes I unlocked the 200x thread. I figured it was a mistake. It happens occasionally.

RapidRick
11-07-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey thanks Billy and Dammit? I wasn't familiar with the group thing . Much better than the sub forum. :Bounce

Brockey
11-07-2010, 08:14 PM
I find sub forums split up sites too much, you dont go into certain ones and the site looks like no one goes there then. But what do I know.

dcreel
11-07-2010, 08:29 PM
Wouldn't the Groups section be considered a subforum? I was talking about the Groups section as a sub forum. Just curious.

oscarmayer
12-16-2010, 10:03 PM
any updates?

Dammit!
12-16-2010, 10:16 PM
Updates on what? Check the group. :lol: