PDA

View Full Version : 83 250r tuning question

HondaRidr
11-05-2010, 10:24 PM
When ever im in lower rpms and hit the throttle, the engine hesitates a little before revving up. Once it hits the power band, its fine. Also, I was wondering if its a problem that my R doesnt really smoke. Im running 32:1 amsoil dominator. It smokes a good amount when first started but quits after it warms up. Is this normal or does it mean im running to lean?

Slingblade
11-05-2010, 10:35 PM
Any 2 stroke with a reed set-up that I've ever ridden will somewhat hesitate a little before it get's some rpm's. It is normal to have noticeably less smoke after warm up. The best way to tell if your lean is check the plug color. 32:1 is fine, Thats what I run. Make sure all your jets are clean, if you are lean it's probably in your jetting.

jlharrison3
11-06-2010, 03:20 AM
If its a stumble or kinda bogging slightly you may need to lower the needle one notch in your carb. It is possible that could help it. I would first determine whether it is rich or lean as in jetting not your oil mixture. If it is slightly lean just off idle as your transfering into your main jet, raising your needle will help.

Slingblade
11-06-2010, 10:56 AM
^^He's right, By Hesitation I was talking about the normal chatter or stutter is has from low rpm's to high, but if it's a bog your needle could be rich or lean. Get your main jet dialed in at wot then play with your needle clip. Every bike is different, On this Keihin I'm running now, It likes a little bigger main jet and the needle on the lean side.