PDA

View Full Version : Just got stopped by the police...again

hondaATCman
09-22-2003, 07:11 PM
Yep, the subject explains it all. And by the way, I was in no position to run from them since I was about 50 yards from my house and a few miles away from any mountain openings and I was on my 110 ;) Anyway, I saw a car behind me so I pulled over to let it by. Well it never went by so I looked back and it was parked behind me. I guess it was an undercover cop cause it had no writing on the car or anything. He tells me to turn it off and come over there so I did and he asked me my age, where I live and if I had my drivers license on me. "Nope, don't have em on me" then he said "you know you gotta have a valid drivers license and atleast 4 wheels to operate on these city roads unless it is a registered motorcycle don't you?" "Nope, never knew anything about that :twisted: " "well I've been getting alot of complaints about some banshee's and dirtbikes (all of my friends, heehee) holding it wide open down through here and I'm afraid you all are going to wreck" then he told me if I come down here again without a license I would have to come down the railroad tracks, which I'm not *supposed* to do either, to keep him out of trouble. He was actually very friendly through all of this and we started a conversation about the restoration process of the old, trusty 110 I was on, my other machines, and his, and he took off and I went on my way. :D

Thats been about the 5th time I've been stopped down here and they still haven't done anything about it other than tell me to keep the speed down or grab my license. Thats one thing I love about the West Virginia state police! :-D

ATC crazy
09-22-2003, 08:14 PM
About the 5th time.....You're pushing your luck :rolleyes:

BULLDOG
09-22-2003, 08:22 PM
thats what i say you really dont need to push it

Russell 350X
09-23-2003, 07:14 PM
Your damn lucky! Up here the cops are real pricks!! I've been pulled over 3 times. 1st time, It was night, on the 185S, had my guncase with my Marlin 39A in it straped on the back, it was winter, had my hunting licence on my back, was about to go camping with a friend of mine to his cabin. Well my dog was let out(stupid fat arse brother) so I had to take her back home, or she would chase me through the woods. Well I just left the neighbors house to put her away, and I say a vehical pull out of the drive way next to him. It was dark so I couldn't see and lights on the roof so I thought "No biggi, everyone around her nows we ride up the road" and followed him to the stop sign. Just as he got to it I saw nothing but cop lights. So I pulled up next to him and he blinded me with his mag-lite, and asked me a bunch of questions, nothin major, and he left. Lucky me.
2nd time. Again on the 185S, no helmet(stupid me) and I slid it sideways comeing out of a drive way that goes to the pasture, and I took of flyin down the road head to my house(about 50yrd away lol) and a cop came around the corner in front of me. I thought "O sh!t!". I waved to him trying to be nice and hoping he wouldn't care, but he passed me and I looked behind and he was turning around!! I got into my lawn and went through the back trail that puts me in another part of my lawn, and there he was, with his lights on. He got out of the car(man was he fat, one to many donuts lol). He said if he catches me again the trike was being taken away. Lucky me.
3rd time. Just fixed the Big Red, and I got going down the road, just came out of the lawn and into the road, and was going slow on the left side. NO HELMET AGAIN stupid me. Then I look to my right and there was a cop. I thought" O sh!t, its gone now". But he said just not to ride it on the road and wear a helmet. Lucky me again.

Probaby if I was to get pulled over again, I would lose the trike I was riding, and probably get a good sized fine. No a good thing.

ATC crazy
09-23-2003, 08:18 PM
Stay on the side of the road if possible....not on the asphalt.

....wear your helmet and dont ride like a bat out of hell either. These will make the cops a little more leniant (sp) towards you.