PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye

MR ATC
09-22-2003, 05:35 PM
Billy and Howdy know why. Billy your doing a great job my hats off to you. i have more respect for you then any other person and especially one older (who should know better ) person. Howdy i have nothing left to say to you.

Howdy
09-22-2003, 05:44 PM
Howdy i have nothing left to say to you.

Thank God for that.

If anyone wants the whole story email me. It wouldn't be right to post it.

Howdy

jdparsons1
09-22-2003, 06:26 PM
Wow,,, that sucks. 800+ posts MRATC has probably contributed more than he has taken. Sorry to see ya go, its a shame people can't work out their differences over stupid stuff.

motoman1012002
09-22-2003, 06:55 PM
howdy whys he goin am i missing something hes helped me out everytime i need something whats wrong with him i want to hear it email me motoman1012002@yahoo.com

md1985250r
09-22-2003, 08:27 PM
MR. ATC IS BANNED???? whats the world coming to??

TeCaTe_MaN
09-22-2003, 08:38 PM
e-mail it to me :shock: Paint866@hotmail.com

KASEY
09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
THATS TO BAD,,,, i just got my trikes washed off and don't know what to do next!!!!!!!!!

Billy Golightly
09-22-2003, 08:49 PM
Probably actually better if you PM Howdy to get his side of the story-and then email MR ATC (I'm pretty sure its on his profile) to get his side. I'm remaining neutral in this subject....should go back to webmastering the site where I belong.

AirManCam
09-22-2003, 08:54 PM
I would like the story man he has always helped me even when we had our differences :x Hate to see you go man :(

thefox
09-22-2003, 09:05 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

I just don't know what to say!!

-Andrew

200x Basket
09-22-2003, 09:07 PM
later DUDE!! i hope all those people get their parts that they payed HARD earned $$$ for :oops:

ATC crazy
09-22-2003, 09:08 PM
I will miss him no matter how much of a "smart ass" he is. Damn.....this is surprising. Now he's going to make me go back to .org for the weekely tips... :x

200x Basket
09-22-2003, 09:13 PM
BTW, where is the tech part of this???????????????????????????/ :D

NOS_350X
09-22-2003, 10:10 PM
wow this one is a suprise to me. gess i need to start paying more attention to whats going on here. can someone please pm me and inform me what happened?

Yamaha_Rules69
09-22-2003, 10:18 PM
Nooooooooooo! Not MR. ATC! That guy was cool. He knew his fair share about trikes, and also knew how to make a guy laugh. ( I will really miss MR. ATC. He cant be going!!

Howdy, I feel like a snoop asking you for the story, but can you email me what happened? old_school_117@hotmail.com I just cant see why someone would want to kick him off their site. (

Dynofox
09-22-2003, 10:41 PM
I can't help but wonder what happened. xcr600sp96@hotmail.com

Manny55
09-22-2003, 11:14 PM
Damn why mr atc. I need to know also bawller88@aol.com

yater
09-22-2003, 11:20 PM
I've got to know yaterl@yahoo.com

350Kris
09-22-2003, 11:27 PM
Bill, Howdy -- you both have helped me immensely. I'd like to know what happened. kryagel@hotmail.com

Aaron2003
09-22-2003, 11:42 PM
:shock: well just want to THANK you MR ATC you had helped me in my post a number of times thaankyou very much guess i'll be seeing you on
3 wheeler.org wish you could stay... p.s. don't stop the tech posts they are much help....

Aaron :( :(

250R4Ever
09-22-2003, 11:59 PM
email it to me at hoodrich04@aol.com

atcmatt
09-23-2003, 12:07 AM
Yeah I'd like to hear aswell...........

mattmendel@optusnet.com.au

Shame he has to go,

badtriz
09-23-2003, 12:18 AM
send it to me also

Edited for namecalling. -SSJ3Goku

350x'inNY
09-23-2003, 12:24 AM
Bill....... what the heck am I suppose to do with those 47 pics of that front fork rebuild we did last Thursday? :? Thanks again for the help. I guess I better blow the dust off my .org user ID. You've been the most helpful person in both knowledge and parts for my 350X. Keep in touch... I got my conv back so I can trailer up my bike to come down.

Howdy...... any more news on those rims? I emailed you about a week ago and haven't heard back from you. While you are at it, send me what the deal with MR ATC is.... beege_mi@yahoo.com

Thanks!
Bruce

KASEY
09-23-2003, 12:36 AM
i think there are more than a few people to help you rebuild your forks on this board,,,,,,, its not the END OF THE WORLD!!!!! THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF MEMBERS HERE!!!!!!! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gif

jdparsons1
09-23-2003, 08:46 AM
i think there are more than a few people to help you rebuild your forks on this board,,,,,,, its not the END OF THE WORLD!!!!! THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF MEMBERS HERE!!!!!!! http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gifhttp://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung0903/traurig/sad-smiley-068.gif

I don't think any of us were saying its the "END OF THE WORLD" but it is a bit of a loss when you lose someone who has ALOT of knowledge in his noggin. Howdy, send me the reason too, I guess I would like to know, it must be pretty serious. jparsons@buckeye-express.com

leprogle
09-23-2003, 08:58 AM
howdy can you send it to me as well? i'd like to know what happened jon_bogle@imneverwrong.com

Howdy
09-23-2003, 09:28 AM
I have sent the email out to all that have requested it. I have nothing to hide in the matter. If anyone else wants a copy then you must Email me for it. It is a lot easier for me that way.
Thanks
Howdy

84250r
09-23-2003, 09:42 AM
Howdy,

E-mail sent.

Thebasher
09-23-2003, 10:51 AM
email sent

Levithan
09-23-2003, 11:24 AM
phantopres@hotmail.com what happened?

sleestack
09-23-2003, 03:58 PM
Let me know what happened robert.gomez@mindspring.com

I have a feeling I know.

Darius1502
09-23-2003, 04:22 PM
Howdy,

Let me know what happened too...logan656@aol.com

Mr ATC was smart as hell about ATV's (except quadzilla motors and the like)...ha ha...

He really caught some great details on my post about the market vlaue of an 86 350X...I mean how many people know about the subtle distinction between the 86 and 85 350x? Besides the plastic color, guys!!

Take care MR. ATC

Howdy
09-23-2003, 05:34 PM
I have sent the email out to all that have requested it. I have nothing to hide in the matter. If anyone else wants a copy then you must Email me for it. It is a lot easier for me that way.
Thanks
Howdy

4howdy@bright.net is my email.
Howdy

bigred110
09-23-2003, 06:02 PM
Why don't you just post it and lock the thread?

Howdy
09-23-2003, 06:05 PM

Some of the content in the PM's is harsh. There is quite a bit of it that would break the rules if posted. I only put the email together to explain my side of it easier.
Howdy

bigred110
09-23-2003, 06:21 PM

Some of the content in the PM's is harsh. There is quite a bit of it that would break the rules if posted. I only put the email together to explain my side of it easier.
Howdy

I can some what understand that problem.
Don't you guys still have bad words blocker still on?
I would like to see it, but I don't like to get into somebodys else's problem.

Russell 350X
09-23-2003, 06:25 PM
That sucks! :evil: Mr. ATC was a cool and very smart guy when it came to our 3wheelers. Please email me the story Howdy I need to know. ruger1022_14772@hotmail.com

motoman1012002
09-23-2003, 07:04 PM
is it true howdy that this happend

Howdy
09-23-2003, 09:03 PM
Let me clear up a lot of misconceptions here.
Why was MR ATC banned? He got banned for continuously posting insulting comments See Rule #2
How long is he banned? This is his 2 ( or 3rd ) time being banned for such postings. This is covered under the rule #6 : 2nd time = 2 weeks minimum.

Howdy

200x Basket
09-23-2003, 09:36 PM
the reason he was banned is simple and should have happened long ago. he was a fountain of knowledge but he also came with baggage. i think it is a good thing. maybe he can get his life and excuses straight and rejoin the real world. you should all know the real story and understand the reasoning behind the decision before you make a judgement. while howdy and i have had words he has always been fair and let me know the rules. you may not agree with them but you have to respect them.

SpeedBump
09-23-2003, 09:37 PM
cinnamonlou@adelphia.net if you would be so kind. Thanks

Wickedfinger
09-24-2003, 12:20 AM
... you won't find any tears flowing here .... Howdy 100% behind you brother.

AirManCam
09-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Well I never got the story I might not have any tears either if some one would email me a copy airmancam440@yahoo.com

200x Basket
09-24-2003, 04:58 PM
email howdy (as requested) and he will send it to you. dont post your email address, EMAIL HIM

SpeedBump
09-24-2003, 08:16 PM
http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4142 I would like some opinions as to who got the crap end of the stick? BTW, I never received any parts back. I still have his "nice" fender and "good" thumb throttle. I didn't so much as clean off the fender yet. May get to it some day.

smokinwrench
09-24-2003, 08:32 PM
email howdy (as requested) and he will send it to you. dont post you email address, EMAIL HIM

Thank you Basket, it is about time someone done that.

Josh

250SX
09-25-2003, 12:42 AM
he sent me my mugen fork kit as promised. http://www.3wheeler.org/vb/images/smilies/shrug.gif this is why I have the fight club...it may end up over there for all you curious folks. :D

350x'inNY
09-25-2003, 02:27 AM
Well.... I've bought the following from him.
1.) Mint White OEM Rear Fender
2.) Hondaline Speedometer/Mounting Bracket in Box
3.) Hondaline Tachometer in Box
4.) Complete Hondaline Speedo Mounting Kit, new in box
5.) Chrome Headlight Gaurd.
6.) New Front Brake Loop Guide
7.) Parking Brake Cable
8.) Exhaust Heat Shield

All in excellent to mint condition. I was one of the packages that got messed up, and after some PM's, emails, and posting on the site, he got it straightened out.

Last week I drove to Binghamton and he rebuilt my front forks for me as I took pictures for a future 'tech week' series. Now I'm wondering what to do with the 47 pictures we took! :rolleyes:

Yeah, he uses some vulgar language and had a couple shipments go wrong, but does that justify being 'Banned for Life'???? :?

I'm gonna miss the lil fella! The entertainment in some of the debates was priceless! ;)

Bruce

YamaChuck
09-25-2003, 06:34 AM
I gotta hear this!..........cutlerchaz@hotmail.com

ATC crazy
09-25-2003, 08:24 AM
'Banned for Life'???? :?

No, he's not banned for life.

200x Basket
09-25-2003, 08:27 AM
I gotta hear this!..........cutlerchaz@hotmail.com

you just cant read.

Howdy
09-25-2003, 11:27 AM
200xBasket,
lol, A lot of people didn't or can't read, other may have just missed it. At any rate a copy has been sent to YamaChuck. I guess I should have mass emailed it out like MR ATC did.

I did see his side of the story and I was quite entertained how he pointed everything at me as being in the wrong. So I feel compelled to clear some things up:

The only reason why we have forum rules is to keep the forums clean and family orientated. I am not on a power trip. I just followed the guide lines of the rules.

Imagine the forums without any rules that are enforced:
Lets say you have a problem with or need parts for your 3 wheeler. You search on the internet and find 3WheelerWorld. You do a little looking around and think this is a nice web site. Then you find the message boards/forums. You think it's great to have a web site with forums for stuff. You then view a few messages but they are mostly trash talking, insults, garbage post and the like type of postings. Would you waste your time wading/sorting thought the crap to even try and get parts or help? I personally would use the little "X" on the top right of my IE screen, and continue on with my search. What would you do?

I have seen "NO RULES " boards like this a few times before. I can't remember who it was, but someone here on the forums made a "Fight Club Forum" on ezBoard. I don't have and can't find the link to that forum ( someone help me out with it ). That site was nothing but un-edited fights. Yea, a few people thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. The trash talking ran wild. Let me ask these questions: #1 How many people remember going there? #2 Ok, now how many still go to that forum? Does it even exist anymore? It wasn't much over 1-2 years ago the other forum was made. In that time the forum went from quite few ( I think around 25 ) users to zipp, nada, nothing.

What would 3WW be with out the forums? Just another web site with a lot of pictures, info, with out clean help. No forums would mean it would be a lot harder to find people in your area to ride with. It would almost be impossible to put any gathering together.

Does anyone see why rules are a good thing for 3WW??

The rules were put in place to keep the forums clean. The rules pertain to everyone whether they like them or agree with them or not.
The rules do not read like this::

Our Forum Rules:
1. Any sexual like insults towards other users is a definite no no. ( Except for User "X" )

2.No insults period. That includes insults towards other peoples machines, only your own ;). ( That one was for you ThreeWheelio :p) ( Except for User "X" )

3, Using all Caps is considered Yelling on the internet and extremely Rude. Any and All Posts typed in all caps are subject to removal with out prior notification or any warning. Repeat postings in all caps will result in further action, up to and including a ban from the message boards. Limit: 1 out of 10 words posted in All caps is more than enough. This was added to keep people from trying to get around this rule. ( Except for User "X" )

4. Keep Political, Religious, and other topics of that nature to the Debaters Board. The Debaters Board's purpose is to allow good, well thought out debating. I don't care who you are, or who you think you are, If you "Fly off The handle" Your going to be told, and then next time it wont be as easy. ( Except for User "X" )

5. Try to stay loose on topic with the message board. Quad, Dirt Bike, Snowmobiles, and PWC posting's are allowed, but lets make sure they don't over come the trike postings. For example: Your free to talk about your Trike, Quad, Truck, Snowmobile, ect. But try to stay away from postings that has something to do with your city putting in new sewage lines or something along those lines heh. If its got a engine, If its rideable, If its fixable, then its alright to post on it. ( Except for User "X" )

6. You get one warning for your actions, that's it, no exceptions for anyone. You will be banned for 1 week the first time. 2 weeks the 2nd time, and the 3rd time for a month or until we decide to bring you back. ( Except for User "X", he can't be banned )

7. We have a younger audience, lets try to keep the message board clean. ( Except for User "X" )

8. Lets try not to get into arguments on model X goes 200mph. ( Except for User "X" )

9. Everyone has a opinion, Everyone has a right to a opinon. And Everyone has the right to disagree with that opinion too.

10. Post away!, The message board is here as a tool for everyone to use to your advantage. Its like the local bar, You need help, you go there, you wana shoot the bull, you go there. The message board is here for the same reason. Whether its Tech questions, Questions on specific models, Riding trips, Riding pictures, Links to your website, or whatever. As long as you follow the rules above everything will be good. If everyone follows these rules we will easily be able to form one of the biggest coalition of threewheeler enthusiast's out there. And Most of all, Enjoy the message board, that's what its there for.

Now I used " User X" only as a example. I did so to show the real rules that are posted are for everyone. If you look at Rule #2 it even point out ThreeWheelio and he was the founder of 3 Wheeler World!!! Yes, the founder of this Great web site has to follow the same rules when he visits.

Now that that is cleared up ( I hope, lol ). MR ATC posted 2 different insults pointing towards me and 3 against another forum member. The other member was chastised also. He did this all in one day. He even PM'd me complaining about me removing the whole threads. I PM'd him back telling him they were removed because of the insults. It was easier to just remove the entire threads. He knew the postings and replies were wrong and would be removed. So why did he continue to post them? You decide that one.

Now rule #2 Clearly states: No insults period. That includes insults towards other peoples machines, only your own ;).[b]
To clear up some misconception/miss information in MR ATC's side of the story. This is his 3rd time being banned for posting insults. I have stated before a couple of times I gave him a 2 Week ban. Not the "Life time ban" that he has stated. I banned him using the posted rules as my guide. ( [b] You get one warning for your actions, that's it, no exceptions for anyone. You will be banned for 1 week the first time. 2 weeks the 2nd time, and the 3rd time for a month or until we decide to bring you back ). I did cut him some slack and only banned him for 2 weeks. After the 2 weeks are up he can come back. If it gets out of hand again then we will be forced into taking drastic action. I personally hope there isn't a NEXT time.

Just so everyone knows ( that don't know already ): I didn't ban MRATC over his deals ordeal ( even though by all rights he could / should have been ).
For the users that wasn't around at the time knows:
Muddfreak99 got banned after 6 weeks or so on his ordeal with Honda300ex and another forum member.
YZ_465 got banned after 4-5 weeks on his ordeal with a few different users here. ( He got a 1 week warning )
If I was to totally over look MR ATC's deals ( about 8 weeks ) then we would have to un-ban the others. That isn't going to happen.

Let me state it again:
3WW as a whole can not and will not allow anyone to be above the rules! If I didn't enforce the rules on MR ATC then we can not enforce the rules on anyone else. It's plain and simple as that. So we don't care who it is, if you break the rules you get into Trouble ( warnings, bans, ect ). Others have been banned for a lot less than MR ATC ( right Manny? ). A lot of the moderators ( including myself ) have over looked a lot of crap from many different users in the past. How ever that must and is going to stop. Moderating isn't a easy job. You have to be able to take criticism, sometimes a lot of it. I have grown used to it. It's all a part of the "Job".

None of this reply is meant to insult anyone. I hope this clears up everything.

Thanks
Howdy

350x'inNY
09-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Howdy.... I don't understand the (except User 'X') line after each rule. Could you explain that? Everyone should have to follow the rules like you said.

Bruce

hondaATCman
09-25-2003, 07:43 PM
350x'inNY - its like an equation... Put in your username as the "X" and you'll see. Howdy means that the rules pertain to EVERYONE and not everyone except for one person.

Howdy
09-25-2003, 08:48 PM
Howdy.... I don't understand the (except User 'X') line after each rule. Could you explain that? Everyone should have to follow the rules like you said.

Bruce

What I was trying to point out was exactly that. The rules cover everyone whether they like it or now. I used the USER "X" as a example. I guess I should have pu it this way. This rule does not apply to User "X". User "X" can be any user.
Let us say for this example User "X" stands for Bill Clinton.

How fair is it to the rest of the users if Bill Clinton was allowed to say, or post anything he wanted, towards anyone at any time, while everybody else had to follow the rules? That wouldn't be fair at all now would it? The rules are for everyone.
If you think your above the rules ( > they don't apply to you < ) then your time on the forums will be a short one. NO Exceptions!!
Thanks
Howdy

bentwrench
09-25-2003, 10:53 PM
:smokin CIGAR ? ANYONE?
Darn good job of administrating, Howdy. I vote enough, you and the others have explained well. My vote is to lock this and the other thread in Open Forum down and get on with business. And fun, and helping others with TRIKE questions. :Beerchug

smokinwrench
09-25-2003, 11:13 PM
:smokin CIGAR ? ANYONE?
:Beerchug

I agree 100%. LOCK IT

I still say Clinton is the only guy in the world who can lie cheat steal, enjoy a cubin cigar :D and never get in trouble. Then sell the complete story for $10 million. Maybe it is good to lie cheat and steal. :rolleyes: He never got banned or kicked OH I guess that still don't make it right huh

Josh

YamaChuck
09-26-2003, 05:43 PM
Howdy,sorry for having requested this story from this thread instead of e-mailing you but I picked up on this thread on the 3rd page.
200X Basket, you need to lighten up a little. See above explaination.

Howdy
09-26-2003, 05:50 PM
Howdy,sorry for having requested this story from this thread instead of e-mailing you but I picked up on this thread on the 3rd page.
200X Basket, you need to lighten up a little. See above explaination.

No apology needed. Almost everyone makes mistakes. I have made up for a lot of people while working on my house. lol Heck one board I cut it 3 times and it was still too short. ;)

ditto on 200xbasket. :D ;)
Howdy

Kilborg
09-26-2003, 07:20 PM
This topic is over with. I am sick of this nonsense on my board. The topic is closed to discussion.

For the record, I am not impressed by either howdy or mr. atc on this matter. I am taking a neutral standpoint. What is done is done. This has been blown way out of proportion. Things were screwed up, arguments were made, actions (not mine or anything to do with me) were taken. There is no longer (or ever truthfully was, it should have ALL been done in private)a need for discussion on this.

Use our bandwith on USEFUL topics.