PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for winter....had my Big Red Cycle Country plow sent for powder coating

MotorCity
10-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Dropped off my earlier "find" of a original Cycle Country plow for my 1985 Big Red to the media blaster / powder coater on Friday. I should have taken a "before" shot, as the damn thing is pretty rusty. I had thought of wire wheeling it myself, but my days are too busy anyway.

Anway, got a quote of $170.00 for complete blasting and powder coating it black.

Gonna need it this winter here in Michigan , not getting any younger (43), and would rather sit on a 3 wheeler pushing snow, then doing a million standing push up "reps" with the Toro snowblower.

Still have to make (1) bracket, as the guy I bought it from left it on the 1985 Big Red he sold.

TheRealFatShady
10-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Not sure if plows are normally powder coated or painted or what, but I remember a friend trying to strip it off. Nothing seemed to work good, even tons of aircraft remover.

Hopefully it's that tough. I want a plow for my Big Red 300 once it's finished. Can't wait for pics.

trikenut3
10-31-2010, 07:17 PM
Would you be willing to post pics of your plow setup ? I've been looking for a cycle country plow for about 2 years now . I may have a local welder fab the frame for me and just buy a plow to attach to it . Thanks !

manook1975
10-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Know where I can find one for my 85 250es? been looking forever for one.

3wheelsinPA
10-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Cycle Country plow for 85-87 250ES (should fit an SX as well). Next weekend I can take some detailed pictures with photos if no one does before. Not for sale :)
I have the brackets if you need measurements or photos.

MotorCity
11-01-2010, 09:39 PM
Yea, I had a hell of a time finding a cycle country plow, I looked for 2 years myself. Thats why I figured I'd clean it up nice and powdercoat it.